Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

August 2022 Ride of the Month

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Photo from the winner of April 2021 ROTM @64b1t

There were no winners for July's ROTM.

Good luck with this month's entries!

Please follow all instructions posted below.
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month's winner will be tallied by the number of "Likes" your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second vehicle that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
~Community Management Team

* These are optional but encouraged

See less See more
#2 ·
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Land vehicle

Land vehicle Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

2007 TRD
Front:
-Camburg Long travel
-FOX 2.5”, remote resi, 14” travel coilovers
-Light Racing JBA jounce shock bump stops
-Custom skid plate tubing bumper
-6” round KCHilites
-custom white grill with TRD stripes
Rear:
-KING 2.5” remote resi, 14” travel shocks
-ICON billet lower trailing arms
All around:
-lifted ~3.5 inches
-Method 312 bronze 17x8.5
-315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 tires

My favorite aspects of this truck are the approach/decent angles and wheel base. Of course the modifications help the off-roading experience but the stock build of this vehicle is so capable as it is. So fun to wheel! Love my FJ!

#7 · (Edited)
Tire Plant Wheel Land vehicle Car

2008 FJ 60k Miles Standard
2 1/2 inch Old Man emu
Smittybuilt M1 Bumper
Smittybuilt winch
Rear Locker
Rock Sliders
ARB Zero Cooler
Baja Roof Rack
Overland 270 Awning
Aluminum drawer.
Lastly going with the Milwaukee pack-out for versatility

Best trip so far....
Had covid so had to quarantine went to Eastern Tennessee/Kentucky for a few days. Camped at 4200 feet at High Knob with incredible sunset view. Had the entire campground to myself.
Explored for 3 days just taking turns as the mood suited me.
Adding an Alu-Cab can't wait for the ease of setup/take down.
Tires will be the next upgrade. Keeps up pretty well with the Jeeps but a bigger set of shoes will be much appreciated.
Won't be much to keep the FJ from finding the best Overlanding spots!

Bonfire Camping Tree Tire Fire
Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light Tire Car

#8 ·
2007 TRD. I just purchased a month ago down here in FL. (This is my second TRD FJ - I LOVE THESE TRUCKS!) It was a unicorn: 1 owner, no accident, all original, 92k miles. Unbelievable condition for a 16 year-old vehicle. I've installed a 3" Ready Lift. Just had the 17" SCS BR6 -10mm wheels installed, with 285-70 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Thanks to SCS, wheels are perfect! Not planning to do much more, want to keep it close to stock but some "tasteful" updates.
Tire Automotive parking light Cloud Wheel Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Land vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Cloud Tire Sky

#9 ·
This is my well loved and well used 2007 fj cruiser.
I have owned this since February 2017 when I purchased it with 170k miles on it.
It’s now up to 210k and chugging right along.

Since owning it I have made some extensive
It’s been all over Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, North Carolina and Texas kicking ass and having a good time.

mods are extensive at this point and consist of:
1. Pro comp xm2 315/70/17s on rock trix wheels
2. Freedom upper control arms
3. Front range off-road rear links
4. Arb dual compressor installed in the rear cargo area.
5. arb lockers front and rear with 4.88 nitro gears
6. Diamond 9.5 rear axle. (Bought this after absolutely destroying my 8.0 e locker when I spit out a huge rock when climbing a rock wall and replaced with an 8.2 lsd that ended up being bent, and finally said enough was enough)
7. Dobinson nitro front and rear shocks, dobinson heavy front springs, and dobinson long travel rear.
8. Wheelers off-road front bump stops durobumps in the rear.
9. Home made skid plates 3/16
10. Trail gear front bumper with the hoops cut off and a 3/16 bash plate with a badlands winch.
11. Refined cycle propane and jerry can mount.
12. arb awning with a kickass shower room
13. Gusseted front spindles.

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

we like to spend our time on tight rocky trails and camping with some fishing thrown in (but I’m terrible at fishing)
Favorite memory in fj would have to be hitting Merus Adventure with my off-road club, absolutely favorite camping and wheeling I’ve done.

I’ve been an absent member for many years and recently got tired of the Facebook groups and came back home

#10 ·
OK, here is my yellow 2015 FJ. I’m the second owner and I bought it from the first owner in December 2016 when I was living in the UAE. It had about 20,000km on when I got it and it’s now a little over 100,000km. It‘s in standard specification, apart from having a set of BFG A/T tyres and, being a GCC car, it has the BIG fuel tank which I love. Holding 159 litres, I could manage 1400km on a single tank of fuel in the early days - less so now with the A/Ts on. The pictures show the car on a driving holiday on the UAE east coast. I managed to drive some great wadis and mountain tracks and barely saw another car or person once out of the towns. Then, a few days after I took these pictures, I handed the car over to the shippers so that it could begin its journey to the UK, where I have it now.

Tire Cloud Wheel Vehicle Sky

Tire Car Vehicle Sky Plant community

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Plant community

#15 ·
Automotive parking light Sky Tire Car Vehicle

My FJC passing through cane fields Northern Rivers NSW Australia after a 2400 km journey across 3 days. Only had it 3 weeks and it’s already proved itself in the mud and on a road tour. It’s a serious love affair. I call it my Folly 😆 I don’t need such a capable vehicle really but life is short as they say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.