Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to Lisa Durkin, AKA Dirtchick; The August Member of the Month here on FJCruiserForums.

Photo by Rebella Photography

For the interview with Muddygrrl and more photos, follow this link Dirtchick

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congratulations to Lisa Durkin, AKA Dirtchick; The August Member of the Month here on FJCruiserForums.

Photo by Rebella Photography​

MuddyGrrl: What are your future plans for the FJ?

dirtchick: The next thing we must get are some rock rails. We just did Gold Bar Rim in Moab with the stock running boards :lol: they survived but Dave (my husband, or Mr. dirtchick) had to jump on them several times to bash the back into shape. I’m only 5’ 2” so I need something to step onto to get in ...maybe a rope ladder.

MG: What will your FJ look like years from now?

dirtchick: New front and rear bumpers, more stickers and more trail rash.

MG: What will you look back on and remember most?

dirtchick: The cool new places we’ve gone and the fabulous people we’ve met.

MG: What has the forum done for you and what can the forum learn from you?

dirtchick: I am continually amazed by the friendly and helpful people on the forums. A few months ago my internet family at FJCCentral was asked if we would like to donate anything to the Kids Raffle at this year’s FJ Summit. I offered to donate my embroidery work; so we collected donations from our members and we were able to contribute 60 backpacks (in all the FJ colors) to the raffle. Most of the people who donated didn’t have kids or were unable to attend the Summit , but they gave anyway. Warm fuzzies all around.

MG: What is the most unusual thing about you?

dirtchick: Oh heck I’m pretty usual, how about my abnormally large feet ...and my second toe is longer than my big toe.

MG: What was the best day of your life?

dirtchick: Typical mom thing here but I would have to say the day my son Bailey was born ...actually a few days after he was born. ...and the day I got my FJ. ;)

MG: Where or what is your most desired adventure/excursion?

dirtchick: Hopefully sooner than later we will have the opportunity to load the FJ on a car hauler behind our camper and go to Alaska.

MG: What is your favorite trail/trip?
dirtchick: Ouray was awesome and then we did a day in Moab afterwards (next year, a week). Each new trail we do becomes my favorite for the time being till the next ride comes along.

MG: What is your favorite mod to date?

dirtchick: My CB, it’s great to be able to communicate with the group and BS along the way.

MG: What mod would you not do again?

dirtchick: It’s not a “mod” but I never would have got the running boards, but at the time it wasn’t an option.

Photo by Rebella Photography​

MG: What does your FJ do for you?

dirtchick: It makes me think I’m way more bad ass than I could ever be ...and it got me into TrAiLbUs1’s rap song! :lol:

MG: How has it affected your life?

dirtchick: I have made great friends though the forum, some whom I had never even spoken to, yet they felt like an extended family. Before Ouray we were invited to stay at Tony and Jackie’s (TonysBlueFJ) house for a few days. When I told my family and friends what we were planning for our summer vacation, they looked at us like we were insane. “Your going to stay in the house of people you’ve never met?” "Why would you want to meet someone from the internet?” Now that I’ve had a chance to meet some of them we are closer than ever, and now I can hear their real voices in my head as I read their posts (it’s OK, that’s a good thing). Hopefully I can return the favor soon and they will feel comfortable coming to visit and stay with us.

MG: What other recreation do you enjoy?

dirtchick: We have a Chevy Silverado 4x4 with a Lance camper on it, so we do a lot of camping with our Honda PWC at Lake Nacimiento in the summer and in Mammoth in the winter.

MG: Who are you in real life?

dirtchick: I’m Lisa. I’ve been married for 16 years this month and I have a 12 year old son. I have a small embroidery business I run out of my house and I work in the front office of a local middle school nine and a half months a year.

Photo courtesy of the Toyota Trail Teams​

MG: Why did you buy your FJ?

dirtchick: I saw the concepts for the FJ in 2005, and it was love at first sight. I found this forum while trying to find out more about options and release dates. On March 25, 2006, the day they hit the dealer, I was there and offered to buy one. Well for many reasons, I didn’t, instead I spent the next 16 months torturing my family pointing out everyone that drove by and talking about them incessantly till my husband and son could take it no longer and insisted I buy one.

MG: How do you expect your mods to benefit you?

dirtchick:I hope the get me from point A to point B and back again in one piece.

MG: What is your favorite music?

dirtchick: Alternative.

MG: What CD’s are in your player right now?

dirtchick: Weezer – Red; Foo Fighters – Echoes, Patience, Silence & Grace; Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris; The Killers - Sawdust; Coldplay – Viva La Vida; Hot Hot Heat – Elevator.

MG: Did you have a previous vehicle that was as fun as your FJ?

dirtchick: Nope.

MG: What is your favorite food?

dirtchick: Mexican food, not Colorado Mexican food – good Mexican food with a margarita, no salt.

MG: How & why do you participate on the forum?

dirtchick: I read the forum everyday looking for info on new stuff or potential mods, to check in on my friends, look at pictures and to check for details of any upcoming events and trail rides.

dirtchick: I, Lisa Durkin, do here by pledge loyalty to my fellow pirates and I promise to never call the FJ “cute”.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
33,762 Posts
Congrats Lisa!!:clap:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Awesome Lisa thank you for all the hard work you did for everyone to make the kids raffle possible!! And thanks for the shout out about my rap:rofl::cheers:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Congrats Lisa
CONGRATS

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations Lisa!!! Thank you for all the hard work you did for the kids raffle.:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks again for my custom backpack.......I use it everyday.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Couldn't happen to a better person! Way to go Lisa!

Loving my backpack btw. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
:sunny: Congrats. What an excellent choice for member of the month. My backpack has a place in my heart because it was designed by a FJCC Angel. Now I just have to find a black/red trapper keeper for school days. :rofl:.
Nice Fam. too. :) Terry

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Congrats Lisa, it was great meeting you and your family at the Summit. :)

Mike

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Congrats DirtChick!! I still want you to digitize some stuff for me!!!! I keep your info!!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
congrats lisa

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thank you everyone. I was very surprised when MuddyGrrl asked me to be interviewed, as you can see from my post count - I spend a lot more time here reading than a posting.

The backpacks were a labor of love and fun to do, I can't wait to do something new for next years Summit.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yay, Dirtchick! :clap: Great interview, you are one cool chick!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Congrats!!!!:cheers::clap:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Congrats, my Sandstorm Sister. :clap:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Lisa you and your family Rock. Thanks again for everything and the mention of our family. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts