Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to Scott Peac0ck, AKA MoabRat. He is our FJCruiserforums August Member of the Month.

I'm Scott Peac0ck, a 46 year old Systems Engineer (computer, server, networking etc.). We are just moving to a wonderful spot near all sorts of off roading in a town near Utah Lake called the Ranches in Eagle Mountain Utah......

For the rest of the story of Moabrat and more photos, click here MoabRat

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congratulations to Scott Peac0ck, AKA MoabRat. He is our FJCruiserforums August Member of the Month.

Dragon: Tell us a little bit about yourself (family, age, job, etc).

MoabRat: I'm Scott Peac0ck, a 46 year old Systems Engineer (computer, server, networking etc.). We are just moving to a wonderful spot near all sorts of off roading in a town near Utah Lake called the Ranches in Eagle Mountain Utah...... We had one of the first 3 FJs in Utah, you couldn't believe the amount of nose prints we had to clean off the glass from folks checking it out. The day after we got it my wife gave birth to our first child. That was March 2006. My wife Sara and I have been married for 13 years.

We had our first date as a Jeep ride in my old Wrangler. She and I learned together and she has had a now famous knack for finding the right line through just about anything.
We went through a succession of more and more built up jeeps but with her pregnant we saw the writing on the wall and needed more room. After my wife recovered from that first baby, we held a pretty huge gathering with all sorts of folks you know from the forum. I think we ended up with around 20 FJs and it was one of the first of it's kind. It was over Columbus Day 2006 in Moab and even the Trail Teams showed up. I realized how great the FJ was climbing up Hell's Gate with stock size tires in the rain!

After the success of that gathering we formed up the annual Spring Fling and we've had one each year since. We have around 15 us that meet each year for that , and more are always welcome to come along and do. Some of the best folks my wife have ever met including Jim Deer a MOM from a couple of months ago.

All are the most generous and well rounded folks you could hope for. We went to the first Ouray event and also host a Ghost Run each year. That's a trip around the Great Salt Lake on the original transcontinental railroad bed and even over it's very aged trestles. You pass through 8 ghost towns along the way and a wonderful creepy old cemetery.

We slowed down for a bit recently as we just had another addition to the family but will be back in the swing this fall for our 4th annual Columbus day gathering.

I started a gang called the Utah Cruisers several years ago and we love to spend weekends exploring old Spanish mining trails and other beautiful places in our local mountains the Wasatch and Uintas. It's a privilege to live in a beautiful place like Utah with high tundra and beautiful Moab.

Dragon: What do you believe you offer to the forum?

MoabRat: What I offer the forum... Hmmm. probably just getting folks together that we've met there and reporting back on our adventures. I'll be much more active as my little boy gets past his first few months.

Dragon: What modifications have you done to date on the FJC?

MoabRat: The FJ has a Demello Front Bumper and a beautiful rear bumper given to us by JimD built in Dallas. A three inch Icon lift and 305 70 r17 MT/Rs on stock steel wheels. Other that a front skid and CB that's about it. I guess I am probably going to get better skids and gearing on of these days.

Dragon: What music do you listen to while driving?

MoabRat: We listen to everything from Country to Rock while driving and you'd be as likely to hear AC/DC as the Beach Boys coming from my rig.

Dragon: What is your favorite off-road trail you have been on?

MoabRat: Our favorite trail depends. The most difficult, and dangerous was Behind the Rocks in Moab.

One of the most beautiful is Black Bear Pass in Ouray or the Ghost Run around the Salt Lake for very different reasons.

Dragon: Who on the forum would you say has inspired you?

MoabRat: I'd have to hand it to Jim Deer on the forum for inspiration. He get's us together with not only FJ friends but hard core guys from Texas and Arizona. We really treasure all our terrific friends we've made from California to CO. It feels wrong when even one of them misses the trip to Moab.

By the way, I think Jim, Steve (Sonoran Offroad) and I set a record over Memorial day with a 7.5 hour trip over Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim, all 4 or 4+ terrain. Let's go a bit slower over Columbus day my friends!

Dragon: What modification is the most valuable to you to date?

MoabRat: The best mod on the FJ was definitely the lift. I really recommend Icon to everyone that asks.

Dragon: Where is your favorite vacation destination?

MoabRat: Our favorite place to vacation is surprise, Moab.

Dragon: What other hobbies or recreations do you enjoy?

MoabRat: My other hobbies are skiing, astronomy and anything shooting.

Dragon: What was the best day of your life?

MoabRat: The best day of my life was also in Moab, when on a campout along the CO river I finally talked Sara into marrying me. We've rafted the river to lake Powell, and flown back up the river from the grand canyon driven to the remotest of locations, found old Spanish gold mines, driven up the highest passes . We still haven't seen enough yet .

Come to Utah and join us some time, that goes for everyone.

Anyone can get in touch with me

MoabRat on the Forum
and
Scott Peac0ck on Facebook

Pictures from our adventures at: Photos

And our little club at Utah Cruisers

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Congrats.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Congrats, Scott! Hope to finally meet up one day soon! :cheers: Methinks a trip to Moab might be in the near future............

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Ah, one of my favorite people (and couples........in case Sara tunes in). Great choice for MoM by the way! I should also mention that going wheeling with Scott and Sara has the added benefit of Sara being one of the best spotters on the planet. A LOT of the people on this forum know each other because of Scott. Anytime I think of going to Moab he's the very first person I get in touch with to see if he (and Sara) can make it. He's always up for anything..........unless Sara tells him he can't try it. :) I always look forward to meeting the two of them out there and each and every trip with them has been memorable. I can't wait for the next one.

Jim

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Congrats Scott! Great interview.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats! :)

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Like others are saying...congrats Scott....I'm glad I can call you a good friend. I would follow Scott pretty much anywhere, on any trail, with only one stipulation....that his wife Sara does the spotting on the obstacles! The 'Rats guided me on my first offroad trail ever(The Triple in Moab). I had no idea what I was getting into, but they said they would help me out, and for some reason I trusted these people that were strangers that I had only met earlier that morning. That turned out to be one of the funnest days I've ever had out on a trail. Thanks again Scott and Sara!

A few pic of the 'Rats ...

-Devin

·
Premium Member
2011 fjcruiser quicksand
370 Posts
Congrats You 2 !! I'm looking forward to meeting you in the future. I'm sure our trails will cross someday.
Garry:wave::clap::)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts