Last week, my first group buy finaly showed up, Izalusky's washer fluid resevoir relocation kit. I am very impressed with the quality of this piece. It took forever to get the old resevoir out, and no time to bolt this bad boy down. Took a rough ride this weekend at Jambo, and no need for a tighten up upon return! I can't speak highly enough of the work and attention to detail that was put into this product, and speed of the group buy/build!
ChiTown 4x4 power window came in, was a pretty easy install, after removing the entire rear compartment.
The wires were easy enough to run to the front, I decided to put the switch under the ignition, easy to reach, and out of the way.
Running through the rubber grommet was tricky for my fat fingers, but eventually got it, nice and clean!
The actuator mounts easy enough, very nerve racking to drill into the rear metal. I had to spray paint the window bracket, it came rusted...
The wires are simple to tie into, and replacing the vapor barrier was easy enough, You just have to go slow when removing it...
I need to clean up the plastic, I effed it up pretty good with the dremel. Had to re cut about 10 times to get enough room for full articulation.
I threaded one of the snap plug wholes, and put in a heavy bolt to help hold all of the extra weight I have on the rear door. Probably going to add a handle of some sort hear.
Added a J hook to keep the cargo net from sagging.
Now everything is back in place, snug fit!
Suspension time! Cashnuts hooked me up with some OME mediums a while back, and I got them tucked in nice and neat. Really raised the a$$ up, and a much firmer ride, a bit bouncy at times, but I will eventually get more weight in the rear, and that might settle it out.
Sitting so high in the back, I pulled the trigger on some Toytech adjustables. I am hopping I can use these to keep me level through out any set up I choose in the near future. Metaltech had a great group buy on the Light Raceing UCA, so, I have them all in and working great.
I will wait until I do my rear drawer project before trying to level it any more, but I am about 1.25" higher in the back. Just might be perfect with camping load out.
After a quality alignment, I can not be happier with the new set up, Drives better than brand new!
I couldn't stand the center caps sticking out so far on the Methods, so I separated them, put a plate behind the base and covered it in Bondo. Sanded and painted, I found some great thick acrylic stickers, and capped them off, now they are almost flush to the wheel, and look much better!
I finally decided to go nekkid... Painted the rear fenders. I will cut the front fender flares for the spot behind the tire, but that will be a while in the making. Really love the look, and much cheaper than Bushwhackers!!!
I found a great deal on Craigslist for a Metaltech tube bumper... Brought it home the next day! In-between a double shift I managed to mask up the front end, black out all of exposed silver, and remount it. I love the new approach angle, and style of this bumper, but honestly, the price was just right!!!
I was getting a horrible metal on metal squeak after the bumper instal... I found that the AC line was rubbing on the bumper plate. I removed it and notched a slot out for it to have room to move around.
While the bumper was off, time to trim the metal to fit in fog lights!