Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So, my wheels finally came in!!! Really happy with the way they look. Easily brought the tires out one more inch, an I haven't noticed any rubbing issues.
IMG_2723.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

·
Registered
488 Posts
Congrats on a great choice of wheels!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Last week, my first group buy finaly showed up, Izalusky's washer fluid resevoir relocation kit. I am very impressed with the quality of this piece. It took forever to get the old resevoir out, and no time to bolt this bad boy down. Took a rough ride this weekend at Jambo, and no need for a tighten up upon return! I can't speak highly enough of the work and attention to detail that was put into this product, and speed of the group buy/build!
IMG_2818.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Boztec finally arrived. After a few days of painting, got it bolted up tight. I like the steel undies!
IMG_2814.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Boztec rear diff cover looks really nice. :cheers:
Thanx, it was a tough call between Boztec and Allpro, but I like how Boztec covers some of the axle as well. And a bit more heavy duty too...

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ChiTown 4x4 power window came in, was a pretty easy install, after removing the entire rear compartment.
IMG_2960.jpg
The wires were easy enough to run to the front, I decided to put the switch under the ignition, easy to reach, and out of the way.
IMG_3019.jpg
Running through the rubber grommet was tricky for my fat fingers, but eventually got it, nice and clean!
IMG_2965.jpg
The actuator mounts easy enough, very nerve racking to drill into the rear metal. I had to spray paint the window bracket, it came rusted...
IMG_2963.jpg
The wires are simple to tie into, and replacing the vapor barrier was easy enough, You just have to go slow when removing it...
IMG_2971.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I need to clean up the plastic, I effed it up pretty good with the dremel. Had to re cut about 10 times to get enough room for full articulation.
IMG_3002.jpg
I threaded one of the snap plug wholes, and put in a heavy bolt to help hold all of the extra weight I have on the rear door. Probably going to add a handle of some sort hear.
IMG_3022.jpg
Added a J hook to keep the cargo net from sagging.
IMG_2996.jpg
Now everything is back in place, snug fit!
IMG_3001.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Suspension time! Cashnuts hooked me up with some OME mediums a while back, and I got them tucked in nice and neat. Really raised the a$$ up, and a much firmer ride, a bit bouncy at times, but I will eventually get more weight in the rear, and that might settle it out.
IMG_2900.jpg
Sitting so high in the back, I pulled the trigger on some Toytech adjustables. I am hopping I can use these to keep me level through out any set up I choose in the near future. Metaltech had a great group buy on the Light Raceing UCA, so, I have them all in and working great.
IMG_3054.jpg
I will wait until I do my rear drawer project before trying to level it any more, but I am about 1.25" higher in the back. Just might be perfect with camping load out.
After a quality alignment, I can not be happier with the new set up, Drives better than brand new!
IMG_2941.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I couldn't stand the center caps sticking out so far on the Methods, so I separated them, put a plate behind the base and covered it in Bondo. Sanded and painted, I found some great thick acrylic stickers, and capped them off, now they are almost flush to the wheel, and look much better!
IMG_2879.jpg
IMG_2883.jpg
IMG_2884.jpg
IMG_2888.jpg
IMG_2891.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good luck you can't put enough on the OME springs to take the bounce out. Wait to try and take them off Road at any kind of speed. That's only thing on my truck that I plan on redoing in the future.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I finally decided to go nekkid... Painted the rear fenders. I will cut the front fender flares for the spot behind the tire, but that will be a while in the making. Really love the look, and much cheaper than Bushwhackers!!!
IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I had a chance to go to the FJ Fallout event this weekend. Sad to say, I could only make the last day. I still got to go on some great trails and see some great rigs!

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

Only action shots from sunday. This ledge claimed a front locker and a rear diff after me. I just lost a chunk out of a tire, and tested my under armor...

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Out with the old....

IMG_3373.jpg

:clap::clap::clap:In with the new:clap::clap::clap:

IMG_3467.jpg

More pics here

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I found a great deal on Craigslist for a Metaltech tube bumper... Brought it home the next day! In-between a double shift I managed to mask up the front end, black out all of exposed silver, and remount it. I love the new approach angle, and style of this bumper, but honestly, the price was just right!!!

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I was getting a horrible metal on metal squeak after the bumper instal... I found that the AC line was rubbing on the bumper plate. I removed it and notched a slot out for it to have room to move around.
IMG_3986.jpg
While the bumper was off, time to trim the metal to fit in fog lights!

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I decide to switch to PureFJ sliders over my old Metal Techs. The main reason was the lack of options to use a highlift jack on the Metal Tech Step Sliders.

IMG_4144.jpg

I sprayed down a layer of blue, and then masked it off.

IMG_4138.jpg

Lots of layers of my new favorite Rustolium satin black that is already on many parts of the rig.

IMG_4139.jpg

It actually came out great!

IMG_4140.jpg

I really dig how they look with the new bumper!!!:clap:

IMG_4151.jpg

21 - 40 of 103 Posts