·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I got a great deal from a Facebook group on a High-Lift mounts, so I painted them black, and put them on the bumper. My patriot edition just so happens to match the blue I have been using!!!

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I finally tackled the plastic pieces behind the front tire, I cut some plastic from the fender flare that I removed.

IMG_4164.jpg

I used some epoxy and mesh, metal brackets to set everything in place.

IMG_4169.jpg

Here is the outside, roughly in shape.

IMG_4171.jpg

Added a lot of Bondo...

IMG_4177.jpg

Sanded it down to its new shape!

IMG_4179.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I decided to take the pieces in to get LineXed... I figured if I just painted them, they would chip too easily with the soft Bondo, and thin spray paint. Not to mention that it wouldn't match up just perfect between a rattle can, and factory plastic. I had to sand down the back of the plastic pieces to get them to mount flush. A lot of attention paid to where the blue and orange clips attach. I really had to take off all of the LineX to get them to re-attach. I am very happy with the result, and might end up doing the front bezel, and the rear plastic when I replace the rear bumper...

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I really wanted to match the PIAA fog lights with the old school wire mesh stone guards I have on my headlights. That, plus I am not much into advertising for people, I'd rather be stealthy...
So I cut the the grill off of the rock guard, and sanded the face of the collar smooth.

IMG_4344.jpg

I used silicone on the back because it is nice and thick, and wouldn't drip through the gap made up from the wire guard and the plastic collar. After the silicone dried, I used epoxy on the front side to fill in any gaps and create one solid piece.

IMG_4345.jpg

Test fit! I guess I should have done a few fine sanding passes, but everything is cured now, and it is not ever coming apart again.

IMG_4348.jpg

Sprayed it all black. Now you can barely notice how fuzzy I left the plastic face?!?

IMG_4351.jpg

Snap that bad boy on! I actually think they shine brighter on the road without the original rock guard being so damn thick!

IMG_4357.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
New style cargo slider fresh out of powder coat!!! I am testing it out for Diesel Toys, just in time for Lonestar Jamboree. All packed up and ready to roll!:rocker:

IMG_4467.jpg

IMG_4470.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_4475.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Texas Lonestar Jamboree pic dump...

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

IMG_4535.jpg

jambo10.jpg

jamb11.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Finally have rear tow hooks... Parts came off of a Tundra.

IMG_5108.jpg

IMG_5111 (1).jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Pic's from Fallout, no passenger, so, nothing too exciting...

IMG_5216.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
More recovery gear!!!

IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Big Bend! I managed to do almost 3/4 of the unpaved trails in a day.
Nothing technical, and for the most part, no need for 4x4. Only Black Gap Road made me want to engage 4-low one time on an off camber climb with a cliff to my side... Some amazing views!

IMG_5412.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5434.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
White Sands NM.
No fun trails here, just some great scenery!

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

41 - 60 of 103 Posts