Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

In 3 days I'm doing a short 6 day round trip from New Orleans, LA -> Austin, TX. 3 people and 2 vehicles. I have yet to plan anything yet, because life. :frown

Can anyone recommend some campsites good for car camping in or near Austin, TX? Recommendations for similar campsites near Houston, Dallas, & Port Arthur would be greatly appreciated as well!

Also, any offroad parks would be a plus!

Please and thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,204 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No experience around there. :(

But I Googled "car camping around Austin Texas" A number if hits. Nice pictures always attract me :)

This is just one: Best Camping Spots Around Austin ? Do512 Family
That is the exact phrase I Googled as well! :rofl: Great minds think alike!
I was fishing for some personal experiences with the campsites on that list, because pictures are worth a thousand words, but maybe 0 of the words I need.
Thanks!

One option close to the city for camping is McKinney Falls State Park.
The same web site below has options for parks farther out. Pedernales falls and Enchanted Rock are nice.
https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/mckinney-falls/fees-facilities/campsites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was looking at that one, but I think all the campsites were booked up for the time frame I was going (this weekend, I dropped the ball on this trip).
My most promising campsite is looking to be Emma Long, since it has a good bit of open campsites.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
That is the exact phrase I Googled as well! :rofl: Great minds think alike!

I was fishing for some personal experiences with the campsites on that list, because pictures are worth a thousand words, but maybe 0 of the words I need.

Thanks!

I was looking at that one, but I think all the campsites were booked up for the time frame I was going (this weekend, I dropped the ball on this trip).

My most promising campsite is looking to be Emma Long, since it has a good bit of open campsites.

Thanks!

Some camps have walk-in primitive camping sites that are not reserved. So if you show up early they may have spaces. I think the primitive spaces are also shown on the sites. So if you are ok with just a toilet, no water or electric, that’s an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts