Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall,

I really wanna take the FJ out this weekend or the next. Anyone in the Austin area doing anything?

Not looking for anything too crazy difficult as this is my daily driver. I do have some off-road experience, but Im no expert.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Were you wanting to do hidden falls? There are a few of us that frequent that park. But usually make a weekend out of it. We are working on getting a run going in the near future. Pm me with a phone number and I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hidden falls is sounding nice:) have to round up the tribe and get a run planned. I think there's one in the works for spring break. Maybe we can get out there a little sooner.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have not been able to hit Hiddenfalls since October WTF due to being in darn Alabama but I don't recall them requiring a CB. I would never go alone and someone in the group should have some way to call for help if needed. I have AT&T and there are a few places where signal was weak but not completely unavailable. No need to go and buy one just to go to Hidden falls. There are several us that have them that would be out there when we get a group together. A March run sounds good since I hope several people will be going to Big Shell/ PINS on the 26th of FEB. There is a post for this trip.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Thanks FJhawkdriver! I have plans for a CB and a 2M radio, but it is a few months down the road. I want to get a lift/wheels/regear done first. I will check the thread you mentioned.

drummer22: If you want to get out on the trail this weekend, I will be happy to join you!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to see that there are plenty of ppl in Austin. Its been awhile since Ive been on the Texas forums. Im def willing to make a run before and possibly during spring break! However, something came up and I cant do it this weekend...

Hidden falls sounds great. What degree of difficulty are we talking about? From what Ive heard it really just ranges...

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I haven't been there yet myself, so I was looking forward to the opportunity. I understand how things come up, but if your weekend frees up, or want to head out there another time, just give me a shout. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Glad to see that there are plenty of ppl in Austin. Its been awhile since Ive been on the Texas forums. Im def willing to make a run before and possibly during spring break! However, something came up and I cant do it this weekend...

Hidden falls sounds great. What degree of difficulty are we talking about? From what Ive heard it really just ranges...
Hidden Falls has everything from "Bunny Slopes" to "I'm going to crush every quarter panel and anything else my rocky points can get to" kinda trails.

Bottom line is it has trails for stock FJ's to the extreme modded/buggy builds.

Also in my humble opinion..its one of the best parks in Texas!

OH also - wish I could make it out this weekend but Reign is slowly getting her interior removed for some deadening and audio surgery! Hope yall have a wicked good time.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The only thing that would make hidden falls better IMO in terms of stuff that can be done to the trails, is widening some sections by trimming some shrubs. There are quite a few sections where there are REALLY stiff branches that cause some deep pinstripes. Completely avoidable by trimming a few branches. I know you have to "pay to play" but something as dumb as over grown branches should be apart of trail maintenance.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Hey yall,

I really wanna take the FJ out this weekend or the next. Anyone in the Austin area doing anything?

Not looking for anything too crazy difficult as this is my daily driver. I do have some off-road experience, but Im no expert.

Thanks,

Tom
I's be up for this to, like you, this is my only vehicle so I wouldn't want anything to rough on the FJ. Plus my off-road experience is mostly desert driving in Army Hummers.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent. Sounds like a lot of people are interested. How does the weekend of the 25th sound?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
You guys have fun! I love me some Hidden Falls, but my weekends are booked until mid-March.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
As in weekend after this?

My only concern is I'm still on the OE rear lower arms. I don't want to hold anyone up "tip toeing thru the tulips". Yes, I'm and amateur FJ off roader so I don't know how concerned I should be. I'm much more comfortable off road (or in the air) at 70mph in my Mitsubishi Evolution. However, it's in the garage most the time these days and I'm in the FJ :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts