Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 FJ 4wd, auto LSD dash light flashing at random times. Does anyone know what the issue is? I have done numerous things myself and haven’t found anyone to help fix the issue. I’m really not wanting to take it in just yet.
Thanks I’m advance

· Premium Member
5,754 Posts
From what I can read, the Auto LSD is a traction control system on the 2WD FJ ?? You have the stock dash?

Auto-LSD is a second level, low-speed traction control feature on some 2WD trucks and SUVs. The first level, Traction Control, is designed to reduce drive-wheel spin. The key difference in the activation of Auto-LSD is that, along with brake application to a spinning wheel (which helps engage a non-spinning wheel), Auto-LSD also allows engine power to spin the drive wheels faster than the non-drive wheels. This comes in handy on boat ramps, and when driving in modest off-road terrain, where some wheel slippage is desired.
Quote is from a 2011 FJ, the 2014 reads the same except doesn't say 2WD. I'll check my 2013 manual.

· Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Went out and started Jade (2013 Auto 4WD). No LSD system.

From the '13 manual

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Paper

When I press VSC off I just get TRAC light. Hold the switch for a few seconds and I get TRAC and VSC Off.

We've seen something similar when a dash was replaced with the incorrect one.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went out and started Jade (2013 Auto 4WD). No LSD system.

From the '13 manual

View attachment 1152796

When I press VSC off I just get TRAC light. Hold the switch for a few seconds and I get TRAC and VSC Off.

We've seen something similar when a dash was replaced with the incorrect one.
Jade I’ve held the VSC button it has VSC off and desplaces both LSD still flashes.

· Registered
'08 Auto 4WD
55 Posts
Auto-LSD was a feature my old Tacoma had... it think it flashed whenever traction was lost/minimal to the rear wheels, so maybe you are just losing traction and its doing its job. This could happen on dirt, snow, etc. You might also have balding or street tires or be pressing on the gas and causing slippage. Or its just broken lol

· Registered
7,942 Posts
How do you know that your FJ Cruiser is 4WD??

Does it have a transfer case lever adjacent to the transmission shift lever?

Auto LSD is a 'simulated' limited slip differential, the simulated limited slip function is created by triggering the ABS system for the rear wheels only.

Auto LSD is present ONLY on 2WD models.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Auto-LSD was a feature my old Tacoma had... it think it flashed whenever traction was lost/minimal to the rear wheels, so maybe you are just losing traction and its doing its job. This could happen on dirt, snow, etc. You might also have balding or street tires or be pressing on the gas and causing slippage. Or its just broken lol
I think its broken

· Registered
7,942 Posts
Wait a minute ... is THIS what's really going on?

Somebody installed the incorrect aftermarket instrument panel 'overlay', and the graphic that says 'AUTO LSD' is actually located over the 'LOW WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID' warning light?

The low washer fluid warning light was present on FJs originally sold in Canada.

Mhutch - Top off your windshield washer fluid reservoir, and see if the 'AUTO LSD' light stops flashing.

See:
dash warning light question

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.