Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially if your a Canadian member and have autostarter installed for those winter time early morning chills....a recall notice:

Autostart is recalling 2,000 aftermarket remote engine starters manufactured between September 2007 and March 2008, for use on various passenger vehicles with manual transmissions and sold under the brands of "Autostart,” "Polar Start,” "Extreme Start,” "Orbit,” "Nordic Start,” and "Command Start." Under certain conditions, the affected units could unintentionally start the vehicle's engine without the driver's awareness. If an affected unit is installed in a vehicle with a manual transmission and the transmission is left in gear with the handbrake engaged, the vehicle could lunge forward while attempting to start possibly resulting in injury to the vehicle occupants or persons outside of the vehicle. Also, unintended starting of the vehicle engine in a confined space could lead to exhaust build up and pose a risk of carbon monoxide asphyxiation. Autostart will notify owners and replace the units. The recall began on May 12, 2008. Owners may contact Autostart 1-866-738-9750. 08E-037

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Alright... so you're telling me that these Autostarts will actually develop consciousness and decide to start on their own?!

SEE I TOLD YOU!

It's not the autostarts. The FJ has a soul... and goddamn if it doesn't want to go for a drive!

I say sh!t, just leave a 6-pack of beer in the passenger seat and park it outside the garage. Let it go have some fun for christ sakes... pick up some chicks and hit the beach! Hell, it has a 5000lb towing capacity, it could even pick up Wisconsin chicks!

Don't deny your ride a ride of it's own!

Howls,
FJ Wolf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts