Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got around to taking some pics of my install. I used some 3/16 brake line with 1/8th pipe adaptors to a 1/8th pipe FFM Tee. Then -3 steel braided line into the cab.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for sharing, I've been meaning to get this project started myself! :)

Are you using any special adapter there, or just a simple t? Did you get the crazy fitting size from somewhere that's easy to source?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G&J in Ontario Ca is 1 of the largest aircraft/hose sources in southern Cali. The owner told me that they have been using 1/8th NPT in 10mx1 fittings for 20 plus years on VW brakes. So he sold me the 1/8th pipe fittings and they seal perfectly with T-tape.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow! looks nice. what other gauges you going to install? Is there any reason you need extra attention to the oil PSI?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's the port that the factory dummy light is plugged into. Tranny temp will go underneath and the Lowrance HD GPS will go next to it. I come from a racing background and have never or ever will trust a dummy light. The day after I installed the gauge I went to glamis and the factory dummy light came on when I was in the dunes, gauge was reading perfectly it went off by it's self but if I wouldn't of had the gauge I would of been freaking out.

Also with 9psi and 4 low I went right up the center of olds no problem and threw the dunes.

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Cold idle is 80psi
Warm idle is 25psi
Cold driving upto 95psi
Warm freeway cruising 40-80psi

Needle moves as much as my tach.
Is this on a '07-09 running 5W30 dino

or...

a '10-11 running 0W20 synthetic?

Thanks, DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Thanks for the data.:cheers:

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Any reason you chose a mechanical oil pressure gauge over an electrical gauge ? I would think teeing for the sending unit, and running a wire inside would be easier...(and if the off-road vibration causes that gauge to leak in the vehicle, it'll be a mess :lol:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry, I just saw I asked the same question about an electronic oil gauge which is already on this thread. I am still getting the hang on how the forum works. I am grateful for all this knowledge.

caver bob

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any reason you chose a mechanical oil pressure gauge over an electrical gauge ? I would think teeing for the sending unit, and running a wire inside would be easier...(and if the off-road vibration causes that gauge to leak in the vehicle, it'll be a mess :lol:)
After 10000+ miles on my and the rest of my teams off road race trucks we've never had a leak on any of our mechanical gauges, the only failures we've had were electric senders going bad.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts