Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, mr. Ill.

looking at the interior of the black one (finally!) what can we tell? no buttons on the steering wheel. base audio. looks like someone put their feet up on the dash. still has the compartment for the GPS. no passenger arm rest. i think it has the button for the back up sensors but not for the rear locker? is that right? and there's a sienna parked next to it and a dorky guy looking at it. no offense to dorks.

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the base model has no rock rails but it does have the lights on the mirrors? i think it does have a rear wiper on it. and you guys have to admit that the "lip covers" below the fender flares are better integrated with the body color being black. they do stand out much more on the yellow and the blue, par example.

it has a trailer hitch.

the tints look better integrated.

i think a black black one that is more loaded than this will look amazing.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I thought I would like the black interior the best but now that I seen it its kind of boring

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
i took a long walk at lunch today and saw two old fj40s, both in the classic blue - so im taking that as a sign - it's still voodoo blue for me....

·
Registered
647 Posts
air said:
http://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2006/0602_toyota_fj_cruiser/

no one knock the black black FJ. it looks much cooler on the Toyota build site, yes, but this is the base model and the interior looks by far the best. PLUS, you're all punks b/c i know you'll knock it anyway just to spite (read: spike) me.

Long live the FJ!
Oh, man, AIR, GREAT FIND!! The black/white looks like I could pull over chicks on the sand at Zuma Beach! I'd install a PA: "YOU IN THE THONG- PULL OVER!- SPREAD 'EM!"

AIR, I'm so happy you found those pix, I'd even have your love child. (No spite intended, only sincerity and love). :D

Spikey the Meat Missile.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hey the black on the center console doesn't look too bad. I might like that inside my yellow one. Sorry air that's all I can say nice. The rest of it looks like a pigmY turd.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Pancho said:
Hey the black on the center console doesn't look too bad. I might like that inside my yellow one. Sorry air that's all I can say nice. The rest of it looks like a pigmY turd.

I for one cannot wait to pick up my "pigmy turd". Around here.. you'd get beat up in a yellow truck. :p

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hey make that Steeler Black and Yellow. You're near Pittsburgh and should be ashamed of yourself for not recognizing that. Besides, all the control freak manly man manual guys will be too busy washing the northern street grime off their Scat Black FJC everyday to notice Pancho basking in his Southwestern Sun Fusion. Or is it Southeastern?

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Pancho said:
Hey make that Steeler Black and Yellow. You're near Pittsburgh and should be ashamed of yourself for not recognizing that. Besides, all the control freak manly man manual guys will be too busy washing the northern street grime off their Scat Black FJC everyday to notice Pancho basking in his Southwestern Sun Fusion. Or is it Southeastern?

lol.. :) i'm not the biggest steeler fan. I will cheer for them to win of course being the home team.. And actually I do recognize the colors, I just wouldn't/couldn't buy a truck based on that.

Now, raider silver and black.. maybe.. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
air said:
http://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2006/0602_toyota_fj_cruiser/

no one knock the black black FJ. it looks much cooler on the Toyota build site, yes, but this is the base model and the interior looks by far the best. PLUS, you're all punks b/c i know you'll knock it anyway just to spite (read: spike) me.

Long live the FJ!

That looks like the same interior on the rigs at LA and it looked cheap and poorly done. Notice the dimples on the dash...the ones at LA had that texture. I hope the production models come with something different and far better.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
illFJC said:
lol.. :) i'm not the biggest steeler fan. I will cheer for them to win of course being the home team.. And actually I do recognize the colors, I just wouldn't/couldn't buy a truck based on that.

Now, raider silver and black.. maybe.. :)
raider nation baby!!!! can we trade al davis though?? id even accept al davis for TO..............egads

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
caliFJ said:
raider nation baby!!!! can we trade al davis though?? id even accept al davis for TO..............egads

[OT] sorry for off topic!!!!

~~~~

oh yeah!!! You are awesome from now on! :)

<raiders>

hrmmm.. get rid of al? How about we get rid of Collins.. or at least start giving Walter some snaps. haha.. Collins isn't that bad.. but.. arg... I guess Bill's gone now.. so Kerry is staying.

Owens with Moss and Porter? I really like Moss/ Porter combo.. they just need to exploit it more. Moss has always been one of my favs. And I think he commented about TO and said not if he's there.

</raiders>

~~~

Back on topic.. I have Diamond Black on the tops of my list. Followed closely by Ti. Met.

I'll have to see Voodoo in person first.

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i agree with rommel. PLUS, for those who don't like the interior, how much could that plastic piece cost that is around the stereo? granted, it'd be odd to have a black FJ with a yellow interior, but if you replace it with silver it might not be so bad.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
True, but I like the Black interior notion on the Sun Fusion... That could look really really sweet.

I did like the Rooster-chop of the yellow with the black roof option as well. That's not very functional for the desert though. Too much sun. Heat up the entire car.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts