Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add an extra fuel tank to my FJ. I am tired of carrying 5 gallon cans with me, bouncing around, and generally being a pain in the ass. I found a sweet setup from Man-A-Fre...but holy cow! Almost $2000 by the time everything is said and done! Anybody else have other ideas or products? Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
My suggestion would be to search the forum. There are quite a few threads with the information you are looking for.

1. Jeep tank
2. Marine tank with siphon
3. Maf tank

Probably 3 or 4 threads on each one of those. Currently leaving work now or else I would have linked them.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Here are the 2 main threads on the MAF tank:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/99895-man-fre-auxilary-tank-review.html

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/man-fre/54845-fj-cruiser-auxiliary-fuel-tank-installed.html

I was one of the 1st purchasers. I have had mine for over 2 going on 3 years now and I don't regret the purchase. Well worth the money in extended driving range and peace of mind.

Some people get check lights w/the tank and some don't. Most think it's due to poor connection seals, but some people still get codes even after changing fittings and sealing everything up tight. I use to get check lights frequently but now only get them occasionally. More an annoyance than anything else.

I've seen a homebrew aux tank online here, but there's really nothing better out there than the MAF tank if you want to carry 19 extra gallons of gas on board. :wave:

·
Registered
36 Posts
aux. FJ fuel tanks list comparison

Hi
i've the same problem like you
tired to have cans on the roof
a bedouin who see my car told me :
good car but you need a truck with cistern of benzin
rrrrrr
there is a list of differents aux tanks
and i read there is a lot of problems with sensors
cheer
stephan

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wonder if the FJ release in Australia will include an aux tank option?
Options in Aus??? Nothing that I have seen, although I suspect aftermarket will get busy for us in that regard. Toyota have only released a single model in Aus with main choice being colour, not even heard of any TRD options yet but i guess they'll come. Since most outback travel has long distances between fuel stops and often limited supply of what you guys call gas (petrol for us), generally lots of diesel available though, I expect long range tank options to be popular for anyone seriously considering off roading.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeh one model over here in Australia only auto gearbox aswell, so the only choices we get are color and accessories

·
Registered
242 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Vegas_Nick already set one up on his FJ

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I bought MAF tank #2 and have run it from here to there and back. It's an excellent mod, it works, and it's very rugged. The filler is Toyota/DOT approved and that's an important consideration if you're going to tinker with the fuel system. I know that it's expensive but I've never regretted spending the money on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts