Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my Piaa 520's on my Aries Bull bar and hooked up the
wiring using the Piaa harness :clap: to the Aux Switch using the factory harness.
Thanks to Action 381's picture it worked perfectly. For 12V power I used an
Add a Circuit and plugged it into a switchable 12v source in the fuse box
using the red and white wire from the piaa harness. I mounted the switch in the blank spot by the mirror switches. All I need to do now is run the 2 illumination
wires off the switch to the dimmer switch as someone suggested and I'll be set
hopefully. I can turn on the lights anytime I like as long as the FJ is running.
It sure beats using the Piaa switch.Thanks again to Action 381 for the pic as wiring diagrams are not the easiest to understand.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I just finished installing my Piaa 520's on my Aries Bull bar and hooked up the
wiring using the Piaa harness :clap: to the Aux Switch using the factory harness.
Thanks to Action 381's picture it worked perfectly. For 12V power I used an
Add a Circuit and plugged it into a switchable 12v source in the fuse box
using the red and white wire from the piaa harness. I mounted the switch in the blank spot by the mirror switches. All I need to do now is run the 2 illumination
wires off the switch to the dimmer switch as someone suggested and I'll be set
hopefully. I can turn on the lights anytime I like as long as the FJ is running.
It sure beats using the Piaa switch.Thanks again to Action 381 for the pic as wiring diagrams are not the easiest to understand.
If you are using the AUX Light Switch PT297-35070-AS, PIN 5 & 6 on the switch are for the backlight feature. On the OEM harness PT297-35070-SH there is a grey wire (-) for the ground and a purple wire (+) for power to the backlight feature. These wires are fitted with male T-Tap spades. These wires are meant to tap into the green (+) wire and white wire with green trace (-) on either the ATRAC or RR DIFF LOCK switch. In so doing, you will have dimming function just like the dash and other switches. Buy some female T-Taps for 16-18guage wire and make sure the tap is tight.
This is what is recommneded in the the OEM install instructions.
kroley

1 - 2 of 2 Posts