Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder that there is a discount code for anyone that orders 3 or more Pioneer car audio components (from Crutchfield) that cost at least $50 each. I picked up the code from a forum member (J-Rock) here a few weeks ago, and it still works. The code is 3a185 I ordered the D3 and a couple of pairs of Pioneer speakers to qualify for the 15% discount.

They are also offering a free back up camera with the Avic D3 until the end of this month so I was able to convince my wife on how much money I could save by buying the stuff now. :roller:

If anyone else wants to take advantage of this, you can also have my "refer a friend discount" and save another $20. The code for that is ptby9-6h310-wiv4q We had something started like this a few weeks back, but it kind of fizzled out.

BTW, I am not affiliated with Crutchfield at all. Just trying to pass on some savings.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Get this one instead

Kenwood DNX7100 DVD navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

It has USB support
You can plug in a flash drive loaded with MP3's

I just got an external USB 120GB Notebook drive I plan on using
There are some power restrictions for the USB so not all hard drives will work
Once I test mine I will post model number of the hard drive and enclosure

But the my PNY 1GB Flash drives work fine

I also just got a bluetooth cell phone and it works right thru the radio

Oh by the way I got it from a local dealer/installer I have gotten to know recently
$1200 with the bluetooth installed

I have to go back to have the Amp and Speakers installed this weekend
They did not arrive in time to be installed yet

·
Registered
359 Posts
Get this one instead

Kenwood DNX7100 DVD navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

It has USB support
You can plug in a flash drive loaded with MP3's

I just got an external USB 120GB Notebook drive I plan on using
There are some power restrictions for the USB so not all hard drives will work
Once I test mine I will post model number of the hard drive and enclosure

But the my PNY 1GB Flash drives work fine

I also just got a bluetooth cell phone and it works right thru the radio

Oh by the way I got it from a local dealer/installer I have gotten to know recently
$1200 with the bluetooth installed

I have to go back to have the Amp and Speakers installed this weekend
They did not arrive in time to be installed yet
By the time you throw in bluetooth, ipod support, sat radio, and rear camera (you can get all of that at crutchfield for about $1100), the Kenwood turns out to be a lot more expensive. Different price range.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes The Kenwood is $400 more
You still need to add the other options no matter whic radio you go with

So $400 difference yes

But the Kenwood has:
bigger screen
USB Support
Wireless Remote

Plus for me it was a no brainer because I only paid appx $1200 for the radio, the bluetooth and installation. I am sure he can not give that deal to everyone but if anyone is interested I will be happy to ask what he could do for any forum members that request.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yes The Kenwood is $400 more
You still need to add the other options no matter whic radio you go with

So $400 difference yes

But the Kenwood has:
bigger screen
USB Support
Wireless Remote

Plus for me it was a no brainer because I only paid appx $1200 for the radio, the bluetooth and installation. I am sure he can not give that deal to everyone but if anyone is interested I will be happy to ask what he could do for any forum members that request.
It's my impression that few people care about USB support. Pioneer had a module with a USB port, but I think they dropped it. If you have an iPod, you'd much rather have iPod support. And if you don't have an iPod, well, you're just not cool :) The pioneer wireless remote is like a $20 item. The bigger screen is okay, not worth $400 IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put down the Kenwood. I just think the D3 is a better bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Just a reminder that there is a discount code for anyone that orders 3 or more Pioneer car audio components (from Crutchfield) that cost at least $50 each. I picked up the code from a forum member (J-Rock) here a few weeks ago, and it still works. The code is 3a185 I ordered the D3 and a couple of pairs of Pioneer speakers to qualify for the 15% discount.

They are also offering a free back up camera with the Avic D3 until the end of this month so I was able to convince my wife on how much money I could save by buying the stuff now. :roller:

If anyone else wants to take advantage of this, you can also have my "refer a friend discount" and save another $20. The code for that is ptby9-6h310-wiv4q We had something started like this a few weeks back, but it kind of fizzled out.

BTW, I am not affiliated with Crutchfield at all. Just trying to pass on some savings.
Very tempting especially since Crutchfield is an authorized dealer (for warranty issues if you ever have any that is). If it's still there in a couple weeks I might do it. Can't do it now since I just bought a cat-back exhaust the other day. Thx for the update & heads up. :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts