Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering a AVIC-Z1 and would like to know what I need to complete the install.I'm going to need a wiring harness for the FJ.What other model and year do I need.I also would like to use my stearing wheel controls so I will need a harness for this as well.I will need the trim molding as well.I wont be getting the xm mod as I have a portable one I move from veh to veh.I also want a rearview camera but want to install in the bumper "like the sensors".If someone can give me links as well.Any wiring install help would be great.I also want to do the mod to view the dvd when I'm offroad.Thanks:bandit:I know this is alot

·
Registered
334 Posts
I ordered the harness and mounting bracket from www.fjcruiseraudio.com, superfast shipping and they are sponsors for this forum. as far as trim molding goto your local audio shop or circuit city, best buy and purchase the black plastic sheets and you can cut them yourself for a perfect fit. the steering wheel control for your model that you are ordering is:
PAC SWI-PS which can most likely be purchased locally or from eBay, they are an absolute pain to program and install most of the time, but they do work:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=pac+pioneer

i dont know how to mod the pioneer to allow you to watch dvds while driving ( i have a kenwood 8017) but here is a link to the rear view cam that i purchased, it will be installed Monday or Tuesday of this coming week and i will post a review. this camera is $35 compared to the name brand cameras that cost $200 or more, and if it works it will be a steal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&item=160021542516&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

later and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.
matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had a Z1 put in. Tons to do with Ipod, XM, Backup, Nav, and Traffic XM. Took two days at Cartunes who have done most of my work in the past.

·
Registered
110 Posts
what are the differences between the Z1 and the D2? besides the obvious that the Z1 is about 1g more, what features seperate the Z1 from the D2?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts