Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this bad boy at the Mini Dealership in Alexandria, VA on my morning commute.

Had to stop and take a closer look. Looks like someone spent a lot of money only to trade it in.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
That looks like one I have seen on the forums. They traded an FJ for a MINI? Lame.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
For someone to spend $3500-$4000 on wheels alone and trade it in before the first oil change is nuts...

Well at least the Mini has free maintanence for a few years. That should offset the wheel $$$ loss...:rofl:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
FWIW - There is another thread about this same exact FJ and the guy was asking our opinions. I believe he said it was just over $29k? They even attached photos of the build.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
it's John's FJ (Amg55driver)

·
Registered
115 Posts
haha thanks for the kind words guys.
just because this was my daily car, and drive to NYC from DC almost twice a week,
11 mpg and all that noise didnt really help. So, I traded in for the new Mini countryman All4, which I love as much as I did with FJ.

Lets start with wheels, they are KNOCK-OFF Volk TE37's, they cost somewhere around $800 for set of five, and Please dont ask me where I got them because they are no longer available. They are Konig special built ones that were available last year, for tundras. and of course $25 decals. haha
as far as options that cant be seen from the pictures, 3" RC lift kit with bilstein 5100 shocks (1st click) in front to offset the weight of the winch. Also, shock skids from Icon is under the truck. 1.5" wheel spacers all around. 35x12.5x17 allpro mud tires all around (three of tires are supposed to be new replaced by mini dealership). All the scuba mods are done.

I think thats about it. I got $25k for this truck as a trade in from the dealer which I think was pretty good deal. They are asking $29k which is not too bad of the retail price for 10 FJ with this mods and mileage. I think someone should jump on it!

if anyone is interested on buying this vehicle, please contact the dealer and ask for Vinny. Hes one who took my trade, and he knows exactly how much they gave me for this car, and you guys should mention is as well!

Good luck! hope to find a good home for my ex-baby.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts