Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a thread here as well as in my local FJ forum about this mysterious truck. After a couple local spottings and no one knowing who this truck belonged to, I set out to investigate.
Well, I found him. Very nice gentleman, local Marin County, CA business owner. He enthusiastically set out to tell me the history and build up of his VERY-modified FJ. After an hour of chit-chat, he then offered to let me drive this machine. An offer I absolutely could not refuse.
With a 6" Pro Comp lift kit, Mickey knobbys, and custom canvas soft top replacing the cut-away top, I was thoroughly amazed at the low noise level. About the same as you would expect out of a low end convertible car. This FJ was completely custom rebuilt by the man, including fabricated metal bumpers, 6-point roll bar, and tool sleeves in back inside door. Only thing he says he did not do himself was placing the custom windshield and making the canvas soft top.
We didnt get into how much he has invested in this truck, but i dont want to imagine. He came across it in 2007, when brand new, as it had been rolled over on Hwy 101. It became his project.
He also has a 1977 FJ-40 and a 1998 4-Runner that are projects as well.
uploadfromtaptalk1303857500739.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1303857530163.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1303857561727.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S Android using Autoguide.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Bad. Ass.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
WoW!
That is pretty cool, love the camo.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Now, that is one dang good lookin' FJ.............
Jax':wave:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Very sweet ride.
I would definitely love to see that in person.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks like it has a bulge.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
:werd: I like it.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
God a soft top setup just like that would be awesome to have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts