Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know if anyone posted this yet, i'm guessing definitely.

but i just found this from youtube and saw it for the first time

this is a perfect demonstration of the beast within a stock fj! :rocker:

YouTube - Lawrence Climbing

i'm also sure this is someone on forums, anyone wana come forward? :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
If I didn't alreay have one just like it I would rush out and buy one.....:grinbiginvert:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
This looked like it could have been one of those potential rear end breaking situations. But he made it up. I will give him that. I am more of a slow and steady driver. I have never been big on gunning it.:)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
That was Lawrence - 505FJ. He came up to Farmington last December with some others and ran some trails with us. We ran some trails with him down in Albuquerque a few weeks ago. He has moded his rig a little since then. If you every make it to Farmington I'll take you to that same spot. MT

·
Registered
96 Posts
Was it two-wheeled drive? The back tires looked like they were doing all the work. Impressive none-the-less!

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
No, Lawrence's rig is 4x4. It was raining all day and very wet. This was at the end of the day. You may not find this impressive but we had some other very impressive runs. MT
No doubt MT.

I just dont share the same feeling the OP does about this particular video.

this is a perfect demonstration of the beast within a stock fj!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Here's one from last weekend. The cool thing about this one was that we had it on 2 wheels. First the front tire was about 3 feet off the ground, then as I pull forward the front drops and the back comes up. It was way fun!!! MT

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice vid!:rocker: Probably should of aired down the tire!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Did he not have A-Trac?

-

-

·
Registered
831 Posts
some autos stall on very steep inclines but that would only be the case if you had less than 1/4 tank. I had mine stall the other day on a very steep incline then i looked down and i was almost out of gas.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm thinking more along the lines of the power of an fj and how good those slick stock tires actually are.

there were a couple posts before questioning the stock capabilities of the fj, and this demonstrates it on some slick rock

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Sorry, I'm really not that impressed.
I was there. Didn't even try in my stock FJ. Would I have hit it so hard? No. I backed away and took another route. Another FJ that is really nice with a great driver didn't make it up.

If you are ever in the area I would love to go out and show off the trails. If there is something you could teach us about that place I am welcome to learn.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I would not have done it if it took that much little pedal. I am a fan of being able to drive my FJ back home after the trail. You do that kind of stuff too much and that rear end won't last very long.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's one from last weekend. The cool thing about this one was that we had it on 2 wheels. First the front tire was about 3 feet off the ground, then as I pull forward the front drops and the back comes up. It was way fun!!! MT

that see saw manuever is so much fun, but really scary :worried: :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts