Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
FJNewb, what model and size is that fiamma you have? and do you think it could be easily mounted to an oem rack?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I second SynCitize's question. I am in the market for an awning and I like the looks of the Fiamma, just need an install guide to see if it's drillable to fit the Fourtrek's mount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have an awning coming off the rear of their FJ? I'm looking for a one person setup awning that comes off the rear of the stock rack, any ideas?

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does anyone have an awning coming off the rear of their FJ? I'm looking for a one person setup awning that comes off the rear of the stock rack, any ideas?
I have a 4' ARB awning that I mounted to the rear of my factory roof rack with the support of the Fourtreks clamps. I installed this last week and it was relatively easy for one person. Posted are pics of the install in my garage and one from my friend in his 4runner along a recent trail ride. The awning is worth every penny!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do, the ARB, had my mounts made custom cause I have the medium Maggiolina on the Baja Rack. We use it to cook (out of the back) when it rains and I like to use it for shade here in the desert when I paint and the umbrella I use is not enough.
Dragunov54 said:
I have a 4' ARB awning that I mounted to the rear of my factory roof rack with the support of the Fourtreks clamps. I installed this last week and it was relatively easy for one person. Posted are pics of the install in my garage and one from my friend in his 4runner along a recent trail ride. The awning is worth every penny!
How easy is the ARB for y'all to deploy by yourself?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I made me an awning out of a tarp and a couple metal pipes and I zip tie it to my rack. It works good. AND its total ghetto I know :)
made mine last year...

well it works for a small group....had to expand a little...

·
Registered
57 Posts
How easy is the ARB for y'all to deploy by yourself?
It's not too bad to set up on your own. It's one of those things where you will become more efficient at the set up the more you deploy it. Check YouTube, I have seen an Australian demo where one guy was deploying it on his own.

:cheers:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I currently have the ARB 6' (i think) im thinking about also getting the 4' and putting on the rear and then getting a pizza shaped piece made to fit in the gap between the two.

good idea/stupid idea?

cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just got a Foxwing and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Just got a Foxwing and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pics or it didn't happen... :rolleyes: :lol:

But seriously, we gotta have some pictures. I like the Hannibal awning's unsupported design most of all, but the Foxwing's huge amount of coverage is very nice. Did you get a left-side or right-side mount? I always figured the right-side mount would work best on an FJC because of the way the rear door opens.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Great photos and feedback everyone. I just ordered the ironman awning today after seeing them at Cruise Moab. I think I am going to take a crack at fabbing up my own mounts but if I'm not happy with them those Fourtreks mounts look amazing, though I'm having a hard time justifying them when that's about 40% of the cost of the awning.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Same as Dragunov- ARB 4' side then back mounted. Very nice addition with the Fourtreks clamps!

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I just re-mounted my Fiamma F35 on the side of my FJ, using Fourtreks mounts. It's way cleaner than my old makeshift mounts, and as solid as a rock. While the Fourtreks may not be cheap, they are bombproof. I have my Hi-Lift attached to the back of my Gobi rack with Fourtreks; despite washboard roads, ledges, etc., that jack hasn't budged. Note: I have no connection to Fourtreks, other than being a satisfied customer.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I just re-mounted my Fiamma F35 on the side of my FJ, using Fourtreks mounts. It's way cleaner than my old makeshift mounts, and as solid as a rock. While the Fourtreks may not be cheap, they are bombproof. I have my Hi-Lift attached to the back of my Gobi rack with Fourtreks; despite washboard roads, ledges, etc., that jack hasn't budged. Note: I have no connection to Fourtreks, other than being a satisfied customer.
+1 Fourtreks. Have been using them exclusively for rack-mounted accessories since 2008. They are as solid and reliable now as day one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
How are the ARB awnings from a noise perspective on the highway. Any excessive buffeting? Thought it would make a great addition for the beach when looking for a little shade. Once deployed how would they hold up to normal breeze that you might find at the beach?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
went camping last week end a fj had an arb that mounted leanthwize and i really liked it kept the sun off off ya and the rain we all all got to sit under it drink beer and swap stories. thats y im reading this artical iwant somthing

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Wilson, is the Arb Awning freight to your location only? When I go to buy a few awnings it says :

PICK-UP ONLY AT TRDPARTS4U- DALLAS, TEXAS($0.00) + Freight Delivery ($55.00)

Not sure what that means. I will email support...

21 - 40 of 212 Posts