Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per their website (acorausa.com), they maybe opening the canyon this sunday. It all depends on whether or not they get all the trail markings installed/repaired saturday......I may be going mudding on sunday...hope to see some fjs there too.:rocker:

·
Registered
671 Posts
What Time will you be headed out there? I might try to join if I can. although I will busy for the rest of the day so pending on when they open and how much time I will have will be on that. I live only a 15 min drive from there in DB

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
This week? They are ahead of schedule! I'm so ready to go off road.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Keep us posted. I'm definitely down to hang out with you guys. I want to see your Yota in action Saphteemon!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dom, you have to go. :mecry: Detailing is fun.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Keep us posted. I'm definitely down to hang out with you guys. I want to see your Yota in action Saphteemon!
I want to see him take his Civic! I really hope it's open. It's been closed for so long. Since it got flooded over, I wonder what changes occurred.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Better call the ranger before you go. I really doubt they'd open it before schedule, but you never know!

San Gabriel OHV Entrance Station
Highway 39 (626) 910-1235 (recording) USDA - Forest Service

San Gabriel River Ranger District
110 N. Wabash Ave.
Glendora, CA 91741 (626) 335-1251

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My understanding is that they have a "work party" grooming some trails and river crossings and that if they get the work done today.....they may open the canyon sunday.....lets keep our fingers crossed.....

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I'll go only a 30 min drive I'm need to scratch my offroading itch.Want to see how deep is the water crossing.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah....confirmed via the acorausa.com website.....the canyon will be open tomorrow.....unfortunately I won't be able to make it......I've got "family" stuff to deal with......I hope others on this board can make it and post pics too......i want to live vicariously through you guys.....good luck......:rocker:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Sweet.I cant roll gotta visit some family.Geo is going to be up their with his bro in a Taco.Have a good time & stay safe.Post some pics.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got done with the family stuff early and decided to trek to the canyon.......unfortunately they limited the amount of trucks into the ohv area and closed the entrance:flame: a bunch of trucks were down in the canyon playing around....it still looked like a lot more could fit....go figure....next time I'll have to get there earlier.....what a waste of gasoline and time.......i wonder what criteria they use as far as allowing a certain number of vehicles....the parking lot had plenty of room and there really didn't appear to be too many trucks down there.....sorry to those too who made the drive only to be turned away......:mecry:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
It would be very nice to see that old training ground back in action.....

I heard they have cut off point and it usually gets maxed on Sundays. You have ot get there before 12PM. It'll probably be busy for the next few weekend as word gets out.

I'll gladly hit it up soon but I'll be in Palmn Springs next weekend.

I'll be watching the thread.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
52 Posts
If a group wants to do a camp out at Camp Williams on the East Fork prior to going to the OHV I can get great deals. If not a camp over, I can get great breakfast deals before going to the OHV. Camp Williams is about 8 minutes past the OHV, good parking lot to meet up. If interested PM me and I will set a date.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts