Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THIS MEET IS CANCELED PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOWING THREAD!

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/48444-azusa-canceled-but-hungry-valley-feb-24-a.html

Hey everyone. There will be a meet at the Azusa Canyon OHV area on Sunday Feb. 24th of 2008!. It will be a nice place to test my new fj and meet some of you locals. I think we should get there as early as possible since they only allow 120 vehicles.

Time:
9:00 am (meet somewhere by the 210 and azusa exit)
9:30 am (leave to the OHV area)

Here is a link for a map / directions to the San Gabriel OHV San Gabriel Canyon - OHVA - Google Maps

My number: (323) 627-9500 if you have questions

Info: San Gabriel Canyon OHV Area offers up to 150 acres of diverse off-road opportunities. Water crossings, rocks, dirt roads and sand hills are some of the seasonally challenging experiences you will find. The assortment of physical terrain is unmatched anywhere in this area. Here you can truly enjoy the results of your California OHV funds at work.

Location: Southern California, between the 605 fwy and 57 fwy north of the 210 in the San Gabriel Valley. Take Azusa ave. north towards the mountains, up to the Morris reservoir or farther past the San Gabriel reservoir to the OHV area

Winter Hours: Usually the last week of October to last week of April - Entrance gate opens at 8:00 a.m. and closes at 4:00 p.m. All vehicles must exit the area sunset.

Fee: $8.00

The List:

More than likely

1) Myself
2) My cousin w/ an H2 Hummer
3) My cousin w/ a Range Rover Sport
4) BLUE TONKA
5) BLUE TONKA's buddy
6) stockFJ
7) fjessence
8) GTKrockeTT
9) GTKrockeTT's friend w/ a Zuki Samurai
10) JESUSGAR
11) burbankFJ
12) buddoggin
13) seal13il

Less then likely:

1) oscarr
2) mir207
3) 1SIKFJC
4) 1SIKFJC's friend with Tacoma
5) SoCalOcFj
6) geo88
7) MIKESCRUISER
8) saphteemon

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Re: Azusa Canyon OHV - [02-24-07]

Give it a little time Greg. Someone might be interested.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

so its sunday the 24th?? Might be down.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

I talked to geo today he went this last Sunday he said most of the area was closed due to the raising water level in the dam.its cool maybe we could do a half day run and get sum chicken & beer afterwards I know the perfect pub.let me talk to jenn then I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

I talked to geo today he went this last Sunday he said most of the area was closed due to the raising water level in the dam.its cool maybe we could do a half day run and get sum chicken & beer afterwards I know the perfect pub.let me talk to jenn then I'll let you guys know.
Oscarr I dont know if it's safe for you to go, maybe you should bring your buddy in the Mercedes along with the tow rope :)

Kidding, man!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

hey matt maybe get a lift and better tires before you give me advice on 4x4ing.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Foo sure matt. We gotta do some offroading soon.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

Oscarr I dont know if it's safe for you to go, maybe you should bring your buddy in the Mercedes along with the tow rope :)

Kidding, man!
hey matt maybe get a lift and better tires before you give me advice on 4x4ing.
:rofl: Love the jabs. :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

Chicken n beer!

The tacos are good in the first shopping center you hit when you come down da hill! I try n stop there everytime!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

O BTW someone needs to correct that map to show the famous "Falling Rock Bend." aka Fjamming's special spot! Should be like the second bend after Foothill!;)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

socalocfj-as long as they have some cold brews its all good.Fish tacos even better reminds me of Baja.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

socalocfj-as long as they have some cold brews its all good.Fish tacos even better reminds me of Baja.
C'mon El Malecon de San Felipe......Tacos de pescado, de camaron y dos equis frio. Viva Baja Norte! jaja!

I know i'm wayoff topic n babbling now!:silly:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts