Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I say anything, I would like to apologize for the multiple threads...

Now...The original plan was to head to Azusa Canyon OHV on Sunday Feb. 4th.
Original Thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/47763-azusa-canyon-ohv-02-24-08-a.html

However, as it turns out that the Azusa Canyon OHV is closed due to high water level.
(Please refer to this thread if you haven't already done so:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/48428-azusa-canyon-ohv-closed.html)

Therefore i have decided, with the help and suggestions of some other members, to move the meet to Hungry Valley SVRA!
Hungry Valley SVRA

Again: Time and Date does NOT change since we had a possible 21 rigs interested in wheeling that day. (The list is in the original thread)

Time / Location:

Meet at Ralphs in Calstaic, CA 9:00am
31970 Castaic Rd, loc: Castaic, CA - Google Maps

Leave Ralphs at 9:30am

Final Destination Hungry Valley SVRA
from: 31970 Castaic Rd, Castaic, CA 91384 (Ralphs Grocery Company: Castaic) to: Hungry Valley SVRA @34.721961,-118.846388 - Google Maps

Please check back to this post as I will keep it updated as far as time, location, weather conditions and which trails are open / closed.

Again, i apologize for the multiple threads and the change of plans. I hope everyone will be willing to drive an extra 45 minutes or so to meet at the Hungry Valley SVRA.

The new and improved LIST of peeps:

1) Myself
2) My Cousin with an H2
3) buddoggin
4) geo88
5) 1SIKFJC
6) 1SIKFJC's buddy with Tacoma
7) seal13il
8) BLUETONKA
9) oscarr
10) AUTO SHO
11) Tarik
12) JBIRD8403

Greg

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm in!!! I love Gorman!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Before I say anything, I would like to apologize for the multiple threads...

Now...The original plan was to head to Azusa Canyon OHV on Sunday Feb. 4th.
Original Thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/47763-azusa-canyon-ohv-02-24-08-a.html

However, as it turns out that the Azusa Canyon OHV is closed due to high water level.
(Please refer to this thread if you haven't already done so:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/48428-azusa-canyon-ohv-closed.html)

Therefore i have decided, with the help and suggestions of some other members, to move the meet to Hungry Valley SVRA!
Hungry Valley SVRA

Again: Time and Date does NOT change since we had a possible 21 rigs interested in wheeling that day. (The list is in the original thread)

Time / Location:
Meet in Sun Valley (On the way to Hungry Valley from LA) 9:00 am
7764 San Fernando Rd. 91352 - Google Maps
Leave Sun Valley 9:30

Final Destination Hungry Valley SVRA
from: 7764 san fernando rd 91352 to: Hungry Valley SVRA @34.721961,-118.846388 - Google Maps

Please check back to this post as I will keep it updated as far as time, location, weather conditions and which trails are open / closed.

Again, i apologize for the multiple threads and the change of plans. I hope everyone will be willing to drive an extra 45 minutes or so to meet at the Hungry Valley SVRA.

Greg
gorman it is:)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
greg-we might have rain on sunday.knowing how fast the conditions can change in Gorman it might be a little tough.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Rain here in Valencia, about 30 minutes from Gorman...Might be snow. I am in if it's open. Got a buddy spottin. Cant bring Bandit this time...specially if it's raining!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Rain here in Valencia, about 30 minutes from Gorman...Might be snow. I am in if it's open. Got a buddy spottin. Cant bring Bandit this time...specially if it's raining!
If its snowing they might close Hungry Valley like last time.I dont think its going to be that cold enough for snow.Will see.I might carpool with Geo and only take 1 FJ.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Just checked the weather. rain and snow on Sunday. Maybe it'll change by the weekend...but if it's closed, we can always hit up the snow trails...that Oscar GEO and I found a few weeks back. Or run into frazier for a snow trip.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Just checked the weather. rain and snow on Sunday. Maybe it'll change by the weekend...but if it's closed, we can always hit up the snow trails...that Oscar GEO and I found a few weeks back. Or run into frazier for a snow trip.
Sounds good to me.Now me and Geo gotta decide which FJ to take,I will let my Dad know also he has the weekend off.He has a winch on his Fj incase we get a little stuck in the snow.Like my ass last time.LOL.Frazier does sound good also.We can always check it out if not go to the other trail on the 138.

update-Oscar Senior is confirmed for sunday.

Greg- Lets try to meet further North on the 5.Castaic exit at the Ralphs.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Meeting at Ralphs sounds good to me. Rain the rest of the week down here. Although it wont be as bad as it was when we went last time right Oscar??

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Meeting at Ralphs sounds good to me. Rain the rest of the week down here. Although it wont be as bad as it was when we went last time right Oscar??
Last time it was raining cats n' dogs. I could barely see the FJ's behind me on the freeway.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I'll add it to the calender. I won't be able to make it though.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
sorry guys, i'm out. gorman is going to be further out than azusa would have been, and i've got a limited time slot on Sunday.

·
Registered
742 Posts
can a stock fj 4x4 take on this trail

1 - 20 of 170 Posts