Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to find out how i can make the back clam chell windows roll down..can you help? thanks.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
im trying to find out how i can make the back clam chell windows roll down..can you help? thanks.:rocker:
Not possible yet my freind. Speculation of even making a pop out kit still eludes us all. the problem is the rear clamshells act as a structurall pillar so I doubt we'll ever see actuall retractable windows.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but i would be bad ass if they could.. im going to wait and see what other people say and then i might tare it apart and cut and weld lol i dont care..:rocker:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
check the search function, there are probably a thousand responses on this, don't just use search, use advanced search option. if you figure it out you will be a near instant millionare so please do go for it. I also will pay into your pocket for such an item.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bahahahahah yeah ok... but if i did should i sell them seperitly or by toyota?lol:rocker:

·
Registered
505 Posts
bahahahahah yeah ok... but if i did should i sell them seperitly or by toyota?lol:rocker:
The smart thing to do would be to become a vendor here, start with a group buy and give discounts to forum members, there after.

If this goes through, with top notch quality, I'd love to be a beta tester.

-Adam

·
Registered
365 Posts
am I an idiot? which are the clamshell windows? the ones in the suicide door or the ones above the quarter panel?

·
Registered
393 Posts
am I an idiot? which are the clamshell windows? the ones in the suicide door or the ones above the quarter panel?
No you're not an idiot. I had the same question. My guess would be the rearmost side windows. I'm having trouble visualizing how they resemble a clam.

I don't think any idiots live in Monterey, but I could be wrong.:clap:

·
Registered
365 Posts
No you're not an idiot. I had the same question. My guess would be the rearmost side windows. I'm having trouble visualizing how they resemble a clam.

I don't think any idiots live in Monterey, but I could be wrong.:clap:
I'm just active duty military... not a permanent resident... I'm actually leaving in about 4 weeks to head towards the East Coast. I'll test the FJ MPG on a cross-country drive in about 2.5 days...

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
the back doors on either side are referred to as clamshells. the rear corner windows would be neat if they popped open too though but kinda a pain in the butt to go back and open them. lol

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
It would be nice to have a roll down window like the 4Rs but unfortunately don't think it is possible.:mecry:

I hardly ever use the widow, because It's just a hassle to open with the keys.
I would use it more often if it was a roll down. Although it would be nice if you could automatically open the back window key less and have it pop open by itself.:cheers:

·
Registered
291 Posts
There's someone on here awhile back that had the window hinges ,window latch,doors apart.On the last thread I read he was getting ready to drill the glass...but I never saw the outcome?????

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts