Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
well i have just got back from a overland trip from moroco Mauritane ,senegal ,guine.
well it was realy good the fj went very well a few things had to be done but thats normal on a trip like this .
like frount shockers blocked open so that made lots of banning on the fount body wich was not good for the performance of the car ,i got them changed and all was fine . My big problem was petrol as i didn't have a auxilary tank so i had too carry 7 jerrycans of 20lt each in the car and 30lt on the back door and even with that i found myself needing petrole brought to me by pickup truck ,the petrol in Mauritane is not to clean and set of the codes after a while and lack of power but i got though it . going to clean out all fuel sysem now and new spark plugs ect and hope all go's back to normal ? the sand in the dunes in Mauritane is very fine so my matrakz and winch worked hard the baba rope was the best of all . will tell more later bye for now
perry

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great pictures was suppose to go work there but are visas where turned down last minute for safety concerns. Also we were told to always have plenty of fuel for multiple reasons mostly safety. I'm sure once you flush the fuel system out it will run like new again.

Will do an African expedition one day for sure

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,270 Posts
Hi Perry, Sounds like a good trip... great pictures... love how you look so happy sitting next to a guy with a pirate hat holding what looks like a machete (?) and the look on his face....

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,915 Posts
^^ this.....and hoping for the background story :ninja::blueblob: I really enjoyed your photos - seeing a built FJ in such a distant world (to us, at least) is probably not as amazing as the locals’ observation of a built FJ in their midst....would be interested in hearing about their reactions!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Again
So this was the longest and truly the best trip i have ever done with my fj, i came down though France spain and then down though moroco into the western sahara wich by the way you arn't alowed to call it as the conflict with moroco ,we where not alowed to even to have the westen sahara flag on are car .i enterd Mauritaniiae 400kmfrom Dakhla wich is a surf town . getting in to Mauritania is a bit long and you need to go though no mans land just before the border no real road and mines so you must stick to the tracks freaky stuff .Once you are in you soon can see that this country is desert and poor its has a reputation for unsafe but they have lots of police & army checks on the road they are very nice and welcome you to there country ,this is a country of nomads and before long you feel that you are realy in a desert nomad culture .the roads are very bad and truks and trashed cars comeing at you not to mention camels donkeys and carts on the road,i soon got off to tracks as was into the real desert wow now it realy began with dunes and rock i had a good gps ,the phones soon stop working and you dont see any people . Mauritania is no very populated and even the towns are very poor the capital Nouakchott is crazy you can find toyota parts but the fj is very rare in fact the are 3 fj's in this country i meet one of them white trial version he was working for the UN . It is toyota country they love them and when they see an fj they love it .the fj in the dunes was doing so well the other cars i was with where also toyotas but too heavy they called my car the feather in the dunes .I was do about 250 km to a full tank in the sand so i was always filling up .like i sead petrol was my biggest concern i will be putting in a auxilary tank soon thats for sure .will write more soon have to go now bye for now
perry

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow this is an incredible adventure and awesome photos! That Mercedes truck piled with hay (?) is insane!! Thanks for sharing perry

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi again well since I larst posted I got ripped off computer and all crazy after two month's in Africa no problems and now back in France got ripped off any how the show gos on ,I will write more on my travels soon lots to tell about the fj out there thank you for your intrest will be back soon with more right now I need too get all my papers together and new codes for sites ect bye for now
Perry

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
What an amazing video! You were really able to capture the experience. I’d imagine navigation could be quite difficult at times.
Thanks again for sharing the adventure!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I bet that would have been an eye opening trip. It takes a lot of guts to do what you did. Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts