Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The handles are very inconvenient to reach when you are carrying something in one arm. My passengers can never figure out how to open their doors. If you are on the drivers side and need to open the door with your right hand, you have to twist your wrist around backwards and it gets irritating.

Toyota should consider a door handle for the back seats more accessible from the outside of the vehicle similar to an access cab truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Eh. I'm indifferent. I like the clean look that not having an external handle provides. Another solution to redesigning the vehicle is just to set your stuff down for a moment in order to open the door. Does that make me an FJ conservative? ;-)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I do agree that they are placed odd and that people cannot seam to figure out how to open the door but if it's something big then I'll put it in the back or I'll go to the passenger side and just put it in the seat or the floor.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I like to think of it as an IQ test for guests who ride in my FJ. Remember you have to be 10% more intelligent than the inanimate object you are trying to operate in order for it to work correctly...:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts