Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know a good place to mount some back seat speakers?
If so, what size and were?

I know Wicked Cas has mount pods, but they are $$$.

Any thoughts on making my own wooden (thick-riser) brackets to go in wall.

Anyone put them up in the grey section (B pillar)? If so size? depth of speaker??

I guess depth of speaker is probly the best.

I open for suggestions, as I'm going to kill the 3.5 in back pillars.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
790 Posts
Its not hard to fab up the pods for the C pillar where the wickeds are. I think I have a 5.25 it fits nicely.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spent some time this afternoon looking at the backseat, and I think I'm going to go into the "upper" c pillar next to the seatbelt.

What you all think about that? Am I missing something here I haven't thought about?

Feedback? Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
328 Posts
I used 6 3/4 kenwood components in the rear seats. I will get the pictures to you later, maybe I will just post them here for everyone to take note. Just a quick note though, if you use 6 3/4 speakers without the Wicked brackets the grill will not fit over the speaker due to the cubby hole angles on the sides. I did not know this but luckily I had speakers that look OK without them. I prefer to use the grills for the finished look.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I open for suggestions, as I'm going to kill the 3.5 in back pillars.

Thanks,
Scott

Hey, I have new blank rear pillar speaker covers if you are going to kill your rear pillar speakers. Would you be interested in trading your factory rear pillar grills for my 2011 blanks? What year are your rear pillar grills? I might be interested in the speakers too, depending on what is in there. Please let me know. I have not figured out how to use the personal message system here yet. Maybe just post here if you are interested in an exchange? I'm very new to the FJ Forums.

Thanks!

-FJ Florida-

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I got the wicked cas pods...yeah they are over priced but they are spot on in their fitment. I have 5.5" speakers there. To install them right you have to remove all that paneling(FYI) I ran the speaker wire(extended it of course) from the rear pillar speaker area to the rear seat area.

If you dont want to drop the cash on those pods, I have seen a lot of guys here mount speakers in that rear pod area without pods, just mounted directly to the FJ panel plastic and with good results.

Hope this helps....but my 2 cents is move the speakers to that rear seat area, the rear pillar speakers might as well have their own zip code...IMO...They are just too far away. I actually got rid of them completely and put the non speaker grill covers back there. I traded my covers with the blank ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts