Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I brought my FJ to the dealership to get the trucks codes read and to fix a problem of why:

1. I didn't have brake lights.
2. Why the passenger airbag was off and the light was on in the gauge cluster.
3. 4 lights of death were on.
4. Why I cant shift out of park when I start the car with out rocking the truck and slamming the brakes.

Heres what my paper work said

Codes :
B1785,B1786, C1249-BRAKE SYSTEM OPERATION
RESET COMPASS
RECALIBRATED PASS SEAT AIR BAG SYSTEM
TESTED BRAKE SYSTEM -PUMP WORKING-CLEARED CODES
NO LIGHTS ON-SYSTEM OK AT THIS TIME
MAY NEED BRAKES MASTER CYLINDER PRESSURE SENSOR IF CODES RETURN

$ 98.63

Got the truck back last Saturday and everything seemed fine, so much that I took the truck up to the mountains and went 4 wheeling in the snow.

On Wednesday my passenger seat belt warning light felt like it needed to go wacky and piss me off however this somehow stopped when I actually drove with a passenger. Weird

Today, I filled my truck up with 60 dollars worth of gas (now i really hate Libya), took off into traffic and stopped at a red light. Light turns green and I press on the gas only the truck felt like it slipped into Neutral. The engine did not rev and I was able to creep forward at about 5 mph to do a U turn back to the gas station. Loaded the truck on a flat bed took it down to the dealership only to unload and drive the truck fine into the service line. But the Lights of death were now all on.

Is this all master brake cylinder sensor related or is this something of an electrical problem and transmission problem? The dealership doesn't have a clue, I know because they told me. :mecry:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It's probably the sensor near the brake pedal.This happened to our Sequoia a couple years back. Push the gas to go and the truck hesitates or doesn't go. They replaced the sensor by the brake pedal. Try taking it to another dealer if this one can't figure it out.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, Brake pedal sensor switch and the throttle body motor shorted out.

Throttle body motor was covered up to 70,000 miles, luckily because it was 992.00. Brake sensor switch isnt cover and it was 145.00.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts