Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 FJ. Everything I have in the vehicle now is stock. Owned it since the beginning of time (watched it being backed off the delivery truck in March 2006), but the time has come to add a few things that Toyota did not provide in the original launch First and foremost, I’m looking for a suggestion of a clean install of a back up camera that provides a relatively centered view of what’s behind. I have a stock size rim / tire on the rear as well an OEM trailer hitch.

Then there’s the question of where / how to display the image. I’ve seen that later editions of the FJ had an option for a back up camera with the image displayed in the rear view mirror. Anyone have experience adding Toyota back up in a 2007? and price? Wasn’t necessarily looking to replace the head unit to add a larger display there, but that’s an option as well. Do aftermarket units easily support the factory subwoofer?

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I have a license plate type camera that I mounted on the rear bumper trim above the hitch. It really helps when hooking up a trailer and I can monitor things while towing. It is a fairly wide angle, but doesn't have the night vision IR LEDs.

For the monitor I built an overhead system that mounts my 7" monitor with dual inputs for front and rear cameras, a 7" GPS, and the head unit for my ham radio. Before I had the monitor velcroed to the area just above the glove box. Mine is hard wired, I tried a wireless and it had lots of static, and would cut in and out. Perhaps newer ones are better.

Are you planning on upgrading your stereo anytime soon?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. As for the stereo, I‘m thinking I should consider it to integrate the back up camera display as well as a way to throw GPS from my phone to a screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts