Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'd like to wire my rear park sensors so that they are always on that way I could remove the switch to make room for my new stock auxiliary light switches. I also want to use the backlighting leads for the new switches. Does anyone know or have a wiring diagram for that switch?

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or you could simply leave the switch in the ON position and stuff (cable tie) the entire switch behind the switch panel. Of course you'd have to remove the switch from the front and reconnect to the harness once you've pulled off the switch panel face. (See pic towards the bottom of this post http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...s-removal-instructions-w-pics.html#post929640)
Yeah I was considering that, but I'd like to steal the two leads for the backlighting and use them to backlight my auxiliary light switches and my heated seat switches.

Bang Bang said:
Go here and you can find the electrical diagrams. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the link! Unfortunately I am unable to find anything that acutally says what the 6 leads that come out of the switch do... the wire just always end in a grey box labelled (Backup Sonar Switch), but it doesn't tell you what they do, d'Oh! If anyone knows offhand what they do that'd be sweet.

Also if anyone knows how I could determine what each one does with a multi meter that would also work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts