Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I just ordered the yellow Ventlock.. looking forward to using it..
You won't be disappointed. Two tidbits of info:

1) there's a little plastic cap that you're going to lose once you screw the latch into the body all the way. No harm or foul but first time I installed mine, the bolt pushed it out and away it went.

2) you may be one of the lucky ones but you'll probably want to wrap or plastidip the hook portion to minimize some of the slight rattle. It's not horrendous but it was enough to convince me to buy a $7 can and dip it. Makes it look better too.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
121 Posts
You won't be disappointed. Two tidbits of info:

1) there's a little plastic cap that you're going to lose once you screw the latch into the body all the way. No harm or foul but first time I installed mine, the bolt pushed it out and away it went.

2) you may be one of the lucky ones but you'll probably want to wrap or plastidip the hook portion to minimize some of the slight rattle. It's not horrendous but it was enough to convince me to buy a $7 can and dip it. Makes it look better too.

Enjoy!
very nice tips thanks!... I may use electrical shrink tubing to minimize the rattles... merely because i have some in stock..:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Ventlock came in the mail today! What a HUGE difference....Used some shrink wrap tubing around the hook and I didn't hear a single rattle. The wind "vortex" has been subdued to a summertime breeze! Love it....thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Being cheap, I made my own version of a ventlock, using a 5/16 turnbuckle, scrap piece of electrical conduit, piece of rubber casing & locktite. $3.79! Works great & is very secure. The turnbuckle fits snugly inside the conduit. This one I made as short as possible, cutting the eye end off & locktite it in place. Next one will be longer, simply locktite in place when wound out & use a longer piece of conduit to cover it.

Attachments

61 - 68 of 68 Posts