Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys was just wondering ive read something that the back window pops out? is this true? i tried finding a lever or something to pop it open but cant? any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
490 Posts
Put your key into back door lock and turn to right for 3 seconds and it should pop open.

·
Registered
56 Posts
theres a key hole on the back door put the key in there and turn it to the right it should pop the back window open.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Just a thought...................but sometimes reading the owner/operator manual isn't such a bad thing.

------>Going to get mine now to find out if I can sleep in the FJ.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jerry:cheers:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Just a thought...................but sometimes reading the owner/operator manual isn't such a bad thing.

------>Going to get mine now to find out if I can sleep in the FJ.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My manual says yes you can.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

How about the search function?:cheers:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
mine didnt come with one :mecry:
Mine didn't either! I thought that was weird, not including a manual on a new vehicle.... I ended up just buying a used one off ebay pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
That's F*@king AWESOME :rocker: Yes, I'm easliy amused. Have you made a post with details? I'd sure rather spend the money on that than a ladder.
Details posted here: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/90911-power-window-tailgate-15.html#post1504880
I was reading through my instructions the other day and I think they could be better. I'll try to go through sometime today and beef things up a little, maybe add some more photos.

You can also skim through the first 14 pages of the thread to see how things started out.

Had a really nice day yesterday so I was out and about. It's so nice being able to open that window. So much more comfortable when driving with the windows down. Even during lazy in-town driving the wind will still hit you in the side of the head...until you open the back window!

***The mod also requires doing the "REAR WINDOW RELEASE BUTTON" mod as well. Link in tgormtx's post above.***

1 - 14 of 14 Posts