Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish the rear wndow was retractable. A pop-up is cheap and will be interesting to see how they engineered around the tire.

My wife will not want to open two side doors to put groceries away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check out this site.
http://forums.thecarlounge.net/zerothread?id=2184551&page=1
Good info and good interior shots. It looks like the rear seat passenger windows are stationary. Yuk! I hope that is not the case but I am betting it is. Rear seat passengers can't see out of the thing already. If they can't roll down a window, then they will feel like they are sitting in the back of a panel van. My enthusiasm is waning... No dog in his right mind will stay in the back seat now. I am about to punt on this gig. It was close, but looks like too many oddities to make it practical. The lines at the dealerships may not be as long as you thought....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm with you scotty. I was stoked when I first seen it at the auto show last year and now more and more I'm really not even considering it for my new vehicle.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I don't know, I still really like it. As far as any new vehicle is concerned this is as sharp to me as the new Mustangs. I think Ford did a kickass job on concept to production with that one. They have mentioned that once Toyota releases the FJ that it may force Ford to release the Bronco Concept. While I loved the Bronco concept, the thought of driving an offroad vehicle built off of the festiva platform turns my stomach. At least with the FJ you know it has good roots, being built off of the 4-runner platform.

I like it, I think it will accomodate my girlfriend and my dog without any hassle and that's what it's all about. Hopefully the front and rear seats still fold flat to make room for two people and sleeping bags. Provided they haven't jacked that idea up too much, I'm still in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Percy said:
I don't know, I still really like it. As far as any new vehicle is concerned this is as sharp to me as the new Mustangs. I think Ford did a kickass job on concept to production with that one. They have mentioned that once Toyota releases the FJ that it may force Ford to release the Bronco Concept. While I loved the Bronco concept, the thought of driving an offroad vehicle built off of the festiva platform turns my stomach. At least with the FJ you know it has good roots, being built off of the 4-runner platform.

I like it, I think it will accomodate my girlfriend and my dog without any hassle and that's what it's all about. Hopefully the front and rear seats still fold flat to make room for two people and sleeping bags. Provided they haven't jacked that idea up too much, I'm still in.

I went to wall-mart and got a full size air matress & a plug in inflator. All I had to do was take out the rear seat bottoms. It fit like a glove.
Now all I need Toyota to do is make the rear door open from the inside!! Getting out of the back while laying on the matress was a yoga move.:boohoo:

·
Registered
313 Posts
motomel said:
I went to wall-mart and got a full size air matress & a plug in inflator. All I had to do was take out the rear seat bottoms. It fit like a glove.
Now all I need Toyota to do is make the rear door open from the inside!! Getting out of the back while laying on the matress was a yoga move.:boohoo:

Way to dig that thread out from the year old cobwebs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts