Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
My only comment is don't think that being a "redneck" signifies limited mentality. That statement alone makes you appear snobbish, and I'd rather associate with a redneck than a snob.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Some years back we had come back to camp after a brutal hike and desperately wished to get some shut eye. A party of college kids set up next to us, despite the very dispersed CG being nearly empty, and began to sing, drink and play guitar. The more they drank, the louder they became. I went over and politely explained our needs and asked if they could call it a night. They agreed to be quiet, but the beer got the best of them. On the second visit I asked why they had set up next to us. The said they felt safer next to other campers. I responded that they were not safe, not at all, and asked if they realized what an effective weapon a guitar could become in the right hands. They packed up and moved. [;)]

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I have thought of this - pickup a cheapie popup and stake out a bit of an area.
That's a great idea.

Pick up several of those sub-$100 tents and build yourself a little tent city around your perimeter. LED lights are also cheap and effective.

Psychologically, that will also ward off bad guys looking to pick on solo campers.

·
Desert Moderator
6,522 Posts
That's a great idea.

Pick up several of those sub-$100 tents and build yourself a little tent city around your perimeter. LED lights are also cheap and effective.

Psychologically, that will also ward off bad guys looking to pick on solo campers.
Dogs. Bring your dogs. The can chase stuff, kill stuff, roll in dead stuff / sh_t, go for a swim, bark at strangers, and keep you warm at night.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
We like to spend the first day at a remote area setting up our collection of animal skulls and bones.
Then we use sticks to draw various witchcraft and pagan symbols in the dirt all around the RV and hang old doll heads from trees and bushes.
Lastly we drip red candle wax all around the campfire area.

No one ever camps anywhere near us.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
We like to spend the first day at a remote area setting up our collection of animal skulls and bones.
Then we use sticks to draw various witchcraft and pagan symbols in the dirt all around the RV and hang old doll heads from trees and bushes.
Lastly we drip red candle wax all around the campfire area.

No one ever camps anywhere near us.
Good one !

And be sure to use some charcoal from the fire to draw some pagan symbols on your forehead just in case they don't notice the stuff spread around the camp.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts