Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mainly a lurker on the forum and rarely ask a question but this one I could not find an answer for so here it comes:
I have noticed recently some sort of squeaking noise coming from the back seat of my FJ and it drives the hell out of me. I asked my wife to drive while I sit on the back to narrow down where the noise is coming from and noticed that when I sit on the right hand side of the back seat, the noise disappears. I was curious if anyone else had a similar issue and how did you fix it.
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
There are several other posts about this very topic. Some folks have put electrical tap on the seat latches and that has solved the rear seat squeaking issues. Some have just greased them.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
it's the mounts.

every old toyota does that.

it makes me feel warm and fuzzy when i hear my FJC make that sound.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine make that noise too. So I just leave the seats down all the time. Problem solved. :)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I feel your pain. I have a squeak in the passenger side front suspension and it is making me crazy. I can't figure it out, so i'm taking it in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a noise from the rear passenger side. Of course the noise went away when I let the seat down. I did find that the button that releases the seat, is actually almost like a screw. I was able to turn it to the right just a little bit, noise now gone.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Two days to do this as I have told many people. Either A. Get some light silicone spray and spray it over the metal lock to prevent metal-to-metal (which = noise) or B. Wrap some electrical tape around it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts