Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Curious what you mean...my screen starts blue then goes black with camera hooked up or not. I have a new camera coming by saturday because I took it apart and appeared to be wet inside and green corrosion. will let you know if it works. NEW 2011-2015 Toyota Sienna Rear View Backup Camera *FREE SHIPPING *U.S. Seller
Sorry to confuse. I didn't know if anything got displayed on your review mirror. Since you get the blue screen then, at least you know the display works.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
My backup camera died on my 2013 FJ Cruiser, just outside of warranty of course. I got the Blue Screen of Death on the mirror.

I found the identical backup camera for a Toyota Sienna, P/N 86790-08020, which works just fine in my 2013 FJ Cruiser. It's probably a slightly newer camera design, but looks identical, pin to pin compatible as well, just screwed it in.

You can find used ones on ebay for under $100. This part number is probably easier to find than the FJ Cruiser Part Number.

This part number is for a 2015 Sienna.

Thanks to my friend Jerry at www.KeystoneAutoElectrical.com for his help looking this part number up.
Thanks for the part number. My camera just died so I ordered a replacement on eBay. $80 CDN with shipping.:smile

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Gregg. Can you tell me how you installed the Sienna camera, just wondering about the bracket that is on the Sienna camera. My original camera failed on my 2012 FJ.

Regards
Steve

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I looked at that one also when I replaced the camera. In the end I went with a $15 camera from amazon. $15 and some solder and it was back in working order.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went with the Sienna camera on Ebay for $49.00 too. Pops right in the FJ harness (I have a 2012). Only thing you have to do is unscrew the new camera from the Sienna bracket and rescrew it back on the FJ bracket. So far, works like a charm.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts