Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a wireless backup camera with a 5 inch screen for my 2007. I didn’t think this through other than wanting easier backup. There aren’t any clear options for placement. Any suggestions as to where to install the screen? 🤷🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are a lot of different mounts for phones and tablets. There is no perfect place. If it's easily seen then it will be in the way of something else. I would go with a mount off the center. Something like this... Dash Mount

(Not my image) The bracket linked above lets you mount whatever you want. A cell phone mount is pictured here.

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
151 Posts
I have a tiny display in my mirror. I do not use it that often, if I added one depending on the size I thought about mounting it on the back side of the flip down visor. It may look cool elsewhere but may take up too much real-estate unless it was multi purpose. Not sure if it is too heavy / bulky or what would happen if you were in an accident.

Regards, Andy

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a lot of different mounts for phones and tablets. There is no perfect place. If it's easily seen then it will be in the way of something else. I would go with a mount off the center. Something like this... Dash Mount

View attachment 1132858
(Not my image) The bracket linked above lets you mount whatever you want. A cell phone mount is pictured here.
Hi, Kyle
Thank you for the idea! Just wondering... Is yours mounted to the side like this? I like that installation. I'm just wondering how user-friendly or awkward it is to the side like that when backing up?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a tiny display in my mirror. I do not use it that often, if I added one depending on the size I thought about mounting it on the back side of the flip down visor. It may look cool elsewhere but may take up too much real-estate unless it was multi purpose. Not sure if it is too heavy / bulky or what would happen if you were in an accident.

Regards, Andy

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
Hi, Andy
Thank you for the input. I thought about the visor, as well, or maybe over the rearview mirror. I'm just wondering how often I'd actually use it if I had to take that extra "flip my visor down" step. Then, the model I bought plugs into the cigarette lighter outlet (do we still call it that? lol) and I'd have that cord driving me nuts (which is my biggest issue). I haven't found an easy install model that doesn't plug in that "whatever we call it" outlet. Kyla

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
151 Posts
You may be able to lengthen the cord and run / tuck the wires on the side running over to the visor and even tap into a power source under the dash. I would not be happy until I did something like that. I have a go pro plugged into my USB that sits in my dash and even the short cord drives me nuts.

Regards, Andy

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

1 - 6 of 6 Posts