Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2008 FJ and it does not have backup camera system. what type / model system is reliable. I would like to buy a wireless system.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I haven’t gotten it yet but I was looking at the M1 Pro from Rexing. Seems solid and well rated
I think he wants a rear-mounted backup camera. The Rexing is a dashcam.

I've been very happy with this wireless model that runs through a phone app.

FenSens Universal Wireless Backup Camera

Installation is very easy and the battery stays charged with minimal sun exposure.
It takes a few seconds to boot up, but the range is enough that I can see it from in my house. You can turn it on at any time and the car doesn't have to be in reverse.
I got this model on sale for $115. It appears they're no longer available but you may be able to pick one up from another discount site.
FenSens currently sells a model that is a full frame around the rear plate, which of course could be used as a front plate camera as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rexing has a model with dash and rear cameras, the one I called out is a backup camera with a screen that just latches onto the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
179 Posts
OK sorry. I missed that it does have a rear camera. He did mention that he's looking for a wireless system, but at least the Rexing doesn't require wiring for power, just video signal. $149 looks like a good price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts