Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble searching this, need advice
Going to work last night with wipers,headlights and radio on, lost power from Alt i think, radio turned off, on and off, the wipers slowed down, the headlights went dim.ended up getting a wrecker to haul it home.
this morning started right up and while it was idling my meter showed 12.7 and with the lights on 12.3, How should i search this!!
Also alt has a little wine to it.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Having trouble searching this, need advice
Going to work last night with wipers,headlights and radio on, lost power from Alt i think, radio turned off, on and off, the wipers slowed down, the headlights went dim.ended up getting a wrecker to haul it home.
this morning started right up and while it was idling my meter showed 12.7 and with the lights on 12.3, How should i search this!!
Also alt has a little wine to it.
Check this
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ttery-light-possible-fix-your-alternator.html

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Could be a sign the brushes are worn or there was a film built-up. all you need at full field load is +11.9V min. and 13.2 max unloaded.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got the battery tested it was bad. Bought a Duralast Gold battery, everything seems fine and now on my way to toyota to have everything checked out.
Greg

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts
Just got the battery tested it was bad. Bought a Duralast Gold battery, everything seems fine and now on my way to toyota to have everything checked out.
Greg
How'd they test the battery?

DEWFPO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did they say home much it would have cost? The alternator on my '07 FJ went bad last saturday and the FJ is currently at the dealer. Warranty ran out, so this is all on me.

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One more thing, service writer told me next time for warranty work disconect off road lights, could void warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,I had same problem 1st replaced batt. Then alt went out burned out 120 alt. fuse.takes hours to replace ,recommend replace alt now! Hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts