Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gf went to green toyota a week ago to look at a scion.she spoke to a salesman(dustin) and after she didonly game in town dealers think they can do the credit app left a $500 deposit by check,they were gonna find the car she wanted.she left the dealer and decided to pay off her car then buy a new one.she called this jag salesperson within 2 hours and got his voicemail,left the message to cancel the search and to tear up the check.well you guessed it they cashed the check and has been getting the run around from different managers.the original salesperson is always busy.so today she calls and is told salesperson is busy so she takes a ride and this jag is bs'ing outside with another salesman and she goes up to him and he's like i've never heard of this till now.so she's pissed and he gives her a bunch of bs,and says i don't think you can get your money back!!!hopefully she's gonna get her dough back by monday after she spoke to another manager.springfield is a one toyota delership town and for every other marque as well.i believe some of these only game in town dealers think they can do whatever they want to people.i didn't know that she left money/check there and she should have gone back and got the check.she's only bought one new car in her life and was treated very well by the saturn dealer in town and didn't think they would do that.also she should have never been asked for a deposit to do a dealer locate,if they find a vehicle then yes i would come in and give them some cash to get the ball rolling.when i spoke to her today,i told her when she's ready to buy lets just check out dealers around here(chicago).big city lots of dealers/inventory to choose from.since scion has that same price bs it all depends on the trade-in value she is given for her car.i think we have about 15 or more dealers around these parts so we should find what she's looking for.i'll update about the refund when she gets it,hopefully soon.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RoverGGM said:
You can always pay the bank fees and stop payment.......
the check already cleared,she thought about doing a stop payment after she called but didn't think they would cash it.she trusted them.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Threaten with a small claims suit. I did that with my warranty company a few years ago. They weren't going to pay for something they should have covered. It was 350 bucks and I didn't appreciate getting bent over. So the day before we were to appear in court, they called to say we have your money and "we didn't think that you would go through with a suit, most people dont" I can't believe how people do business sometimes!

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
etp095 said:
the check already cleared,she thought about doing a stop payment after she called but didn't think they would cash it.she trusted them.
I'd still call the bank and ask, I've had them retracted after they posted before (ex-wife, long story) .....give it a shot. That check had "cleared" too according to my online banking records, I called in the stop payment and it was charged back against the depositors account.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Never ever leave a deposit in the form of a check. Always use a credit card. Always.

Always.

Did I mention always?

Credit card companies can easily reverse bogus charges. Not so easy to do with a check.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
JLam said:
Never ever leave a deposit in the form of a check. Always use a credit card. Always.

Always.

Did I mention always?

Credit card companies can easily reverse bogus charges. Not so easy to do with a check.
This is true, and also why I won't take a credit card deposit :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts