Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally pushed the limit and it pushed back (I know some of you would say it was just a matter of time) but, folks have asked me to post pix and if I can let people know that it is possible to put a barely modded FJ on its roof w/o a hill or rocks it is worth it!

I was out with some friends right before Christmas and had just slid through some mud and caught a dry patch/rut doing about 15 and over she went.
My son and I were fine! After the dirt had settled I looked up at him and asked if he was OK (and after it sunk in) he responded he was; that was all that mattered in my world. After we got flipped back on all 4's (& I had calmed down his little brother who was off in the distance) he said that he would never get into a car with out fastening his seatbelt! While a small statement at the time after I reflected & were OK & we (+ my fellow FJ'rs) all learned very important lessons that day. He said to me right after this that I thought you would be really mad and all I could say was we are both fine and that is all that really matters

I would like to thank Paul (Paul the Photographer) & Maria for their brilliant photography (that will never let me forget that day :( ) and my bud Corey (CtheProducer) for flipping me over and keeping me sane, my rola roof rack from truly keeping it off of the roof, & my insurance company for being so cool!

I should get it back this weekend and can't wait to get it out there again! I have never had plans on selling it and will still wheel it (all in the name of fun but, I might slow down a tad) but, I don't know how forward I will look to the scratchy FL trails). K

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Glad everyone is ok...

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Balls. Glad you and son are ok. Are you going to get it fixed up through insurance. Or just keep it that way. I had a small dent fixed and it has been in the shop a week and a half. No telling how long that will take.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
got any bigger pics...my magnify glass is broke ;) ... glad everyone is ok
Sorry, I don't know why they posted so small (I kind of like the photoreel look to them in my own morbid way). There is a bigger one on the Feb pic of the month thread for your viewing pleasure (was trying to win some cabbage to re-order my snorkel since I had to pay an unforseen deductable). If anyone knows how to make them bigger feel free. Karl

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Wow.

That will put the fear into ya.

Good to hear everyone was safe.

Take it easy Brother...

:shock:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Sorry, I don't know why they posted so small (I kind of like the photoreel look to them in my own morbid way). There is a bigger one on the Feb pic of the month thread for your viewing pleasure (was trying to win some cabbage to re-order my snorkel since I had to pay an unforseen deductable). If anyone knows how to make them bigger feel free. Karl
I will make them bigger in a few minutes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
AMAZING PICS!!!!!! Glad to hear everyone is ok, once again this just proves to me that FJ's are bad ass!!!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Finally I get to post these up. It has been killing me holding on to them.. lol

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
So glad to know that you and your son are OK. You're right, that is the most important thing in the world.

It's also good to see that special BC protective paint do it's job. It's what we paid the big bucks for.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Now I'm even more glad that is the picture I voted for in this month's cool pic contest. That is quite a story, and quite awesome that you got it all on "film"!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Glad to hear no one was hurt, and it was good to see in the photo sequence that you didn't stick your arm outside the window....

This is a pretty cool picture.....I think...

...and with as easy as access as this, it would have been an excellent time to install a set of skid plates!!:) :)

And a ? for the Paulthephoto., What was that like to watch that happen and capture it all while looking through the frame of your camera??

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.