Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FJ is not lifted. I do not off road my Truck. I have only 8000 miles on My 2010 4WD auto., and today while installing the Bilstein rears I notice the blown seals on the factory Tokico shocks. No Bueno Toyota.......:mecry:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I assume that's shock fluid coming from under the boot. Is there anything else that might be?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Heck, I highly doubt a dealership would warranty parts already removed from a vehicle. Then again, it only takes 5 minutes to change both rear shocks...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I assume that's shock fluid coming from under the boot. Is there anything else that might be?
No, It's the oil that comes from the inside when the shock seal is bad. Plus I did notice the ride from the rear was unstable. But I can tell you the Bilsteins are Amazing!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could go get a new set under warranty
Yes, I was thinking about doing that. Also I was gonna try Toyota USA and start a claim to see if they will reimburse me for the change out.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yeah i`d put them back on and tell toyota to replace them just to make them do it. I have 60K on my stock shocks and I do offroad with them. You definetly got a defective batch of shocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts