Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i see you can get a motor mount kit from DMZ fabs......has anyone done this? Is it a big job? What other options do we have if motor mounts go bad?

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
So i see you can get a motor mount kit from DMZ fabs......has anyone done this? Is it a big job? What other options do we have if motor mounts go bad?
FJNewb and FJoel I believe have done this to correct theirs that cracked. Same issue as the Tacos. Mainly on 1st ten FJ's 2007-2009 have seen issues. Not sure if it was corrected on the 2nd Gen

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Mine never cracked. It was done as a preventative measure. The 4wd Toyota Owner FJC which races apparently did theres as well.

Joel's were cracked I believe and I don't recall that he ever ordered DMZ's parts. I mentioned it, but sounded like he was going to do his own if I recall.

It is a tight job due to the space you are working in. Will need to remove the steering shaft to get access on the drivers side. I can't recall if I had the headers on there or not when mine were welded in. Definitely tight though.

Guessing the issue is insufficient material for the loading/cycling. Its a common problem on Tacoma's and a few FJs have had the issue. Most folks don't look for it so I'm guessing there are a few more than we realize out there. I've never seen one crack first hand so can't comment any further.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man I was reading up on it one night and thought I would ask......ok where exactly should one look to see if there are cracks?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts