Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went mudding and crawling last weekend and after getting back on pavement when accelerating around 25-30 mph there is a Nasty vibration that feels like it's coming from the rear, went and cleaned more mid out from underneath but the problem still persists! Any ideas on what is causing it?

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
How deep was the mud you were in? How soupy was it? You could have contaminated some tranny or diff fluids. It would be worth it to have them checked.

Or, it could be one of a million other things. Good luck! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
I bet it is caked up mud on the inside of the rim.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have had that vibration many times in the winter. I don't know exactly what causes it, but it has been temporary every time. If you want to risk it, give it a week or so and it'll leave. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Check your rims for mud/rocks. Also, there is a chance you could have knocked a balance weight off one of your wheels.
This^
We have some amazingly sticky mud in NM. It's got a huge clay content and sets up like concrete in minutes. Hence the whole adobe thing...
When I got home I had to literally take a hose and hammer to the inside of the wheel wells to break the mud free.
I thought I had cleaned everything up really well but missed some. I ended up wrecking my brakes and rotors on two wheels in a matter of days.
The guy at BrakeMasters suggested I bring it to them next time I bury it so they can remove the wheels and clean everything up really well. He said hes seen it a lot and its very common for off-roaders in this area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This^
We have some amazingly sticky mud in NM. It's got a huge clay content and sets up like concrete in minutes. Hence the whole adobe thing...
When I got home I had to literally take a hose and hammer to the inside of the wheel wells to break the mud free.
I thought I had cleaned everything up really well but missed some. I ended up wrecking my brakes and rotors on two wheels in a matter of days.
The guy at BrakeMasters suggested I bring it to them next time I bury it so they can remove the wheels and clean everything up really well. He said hes seen it a lot and its very common for off-roaders in this area.
Thanks for the advice it kinda feels like a brake issue too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts