Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HD Video - Baja Adventure Video See what it was like.

The reports are coming in:

Like us on Face Book and see the updates
----------
We are heading out from Seattle with the goal of Cabo San Lucas. We intend to follow the 2007 Baja 1000 race course (more or less) as we explore the desert, mountains and beaches of the Baja.

We will be posting up progress reports and pictures as often as we can on our blog Baja off road adventure.

You can also follow our progress in real time as we broadcast our position via satellite GPS and mapped through Google Maps on our web site.

The FJ Cruiser is packed and ready. We leave tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
COOOOL! Have fun, take lots of photos and sun screen (I wish I needed sunscreen here). I did a trip like yours in a Sportsmobile Jan to March 2007 and followed some of the 2006 Baja 1000. The run was trouble free up until the L/S clutch plates went out and I had to limp back to USA. Despite my worries early in the trip I had no trouble with officials and/or banditos. I spent most of my time on the east coast but a few days on the west coast convinced me to head back to the Gulf. It was cold and rainy on the Pacific side.

Good luck and stay safe!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COOOOL! Have fun, take lots of photos and sun screen (I wish I needed sunscreen here). I did a trip like yours in a Sportsmobile Jan to March 2007 and followed some of the 2006 Baja 1000. The run was trouble free up until the L/S clutch plates went out and I had to limp back to USA. Despite my worries early in the trip I had no trouble with officials and/or banditos. I spent most of my time on the east coast but a few days on the west coast convinced me to head back to the Gulf. It was cold and rainy on the Pacific side.

Good luck and stay safe!
thanks... the weather, people and land was amazing... just about home and will get pictures, stories and video up once we catch up on some well deserved rest.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Excellant trip report. Your whole website looks like a great resource for off-road advenure travel. Nice job!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
awesome as usual.... nice write ups.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellant trip report. Your whole website looks like a great resource for off-road advenure travel. Nice job!
Thanks @Ace Brown I'm glad you liked it.

Great articles. Can't wait to read up on the rest of the trip.
@failsafe More are posted and still more to come... Appreciate your note

awesome as usual.... nice write ups.
@lkn4drt Thank you very much. Glad you liked the write ups.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I just tried to look at parts 5 & 6 but the link seems to be broken.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Greet looking trip. I would have never made it. I don't speak Spanish...... So no problems with the fj after or during the trip?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Speaking Spanish in Baja would be nice but not necessary. Almost all vendors you might run across know enough English to get along and some crude sign language covers the rest. But there may be times when nothing gets the message delivered. Then a little Spanish phrase book can be helpful. Just be sure it's for Latin Spanish, not European Spanish.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Ace Brown yeah we had some server trouble... but I think we got it fixed and you should be able to get to part 5, 6, 7 and 8 now... more still to come.

@slim Thank you glad you like it and Ace Brown is right about speaking Spanish... Neither of us knew more than hello, please, thank you, beer... but that never stopped us.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Added a couple of stories to keep everyone up dated.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Added a link to the HD video of our adventure. Let us know what you think.

Baja off road video

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Best video yet Paul, it wrapped up the written words nicely. Thanks for sharing your adventures with all of us. :cheers:

·
Registered
640 Posts
That was a great video!

Poorly typed from my phone.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
x2. Excellent video and travel report. I am a bit surprised you took on some rough trails alone. Breakage would have been darn serious. Next time let me know in advance and i might be able to join you depending on the time your going south.

Ace

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts