Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run into these fitment issues with their flat utility? I ordered the medium size but is fitment that bad?

I could space it out with some spacers but up front the downward air dam bar touches the roof. And the rear only had one of two holes match up. Just wondering ic anyone had the same problem or my order was a fluke ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of the mounting feet were mislabeled with mine! I caught it before installing, swapped them around and everything fit fine. I imagine if I hadn't it wouldn't have fit right. Double check.
You're right! The rear feet install position was swapped on the instructions! I tried swapping those in the back (left to right) but no way. The bracket fits only one way. I'll try to double check front and rear brackets but I'm sure the rears are longer due to the curve of the roofline. Do i need to install the original rubber grommets with metal washers? Instructions didn't list that. So I didn't stack them under the Baja mounts. I did leave the original mounting brackets for the covers, the bracket that looks like '-'o-o'-' and also dabbed silicone top and bottom.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
You're right! The rear feet install position was swapped on the instructions! I tried swapping those in the back (left to right) but no way. The bracket fits only one way. I'll try to double check front and rear brackets but I'm sure the rears are longer due to the curve of the roofline. Do i need to install the original rubber grommets with metal washers? Instructions didn't list that. So I didn't stack them under the Baja mounts. I did leave the original mounting brackets for the covers, the bracket that looks like '-'o-o'-' and also dabbed silicone top and bottom.
Maybe someone should tell Baja rack? :rofl:

So it's going to fit now?

I didn't reuse any parts, the feet come with neoprene or something underneath don't they? That's all I used and haven't had an issue with water or anything getting inside.

·
Registered
456 Posts
When I got mine the feet were mis-labelled. The rear feet were sitting at an angle and not flat, because they were on the wrong sides. I swapped them and it was all good. Fantastic rack.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
When I got mine the feet were mis-labelled. The rear feet were sitting at an angle and not flat, because they were on the wrong sides. I swapped them and it was all good. Fantastic rack.
@Iconic_ too. Turns out they sent me mounts for their basket rack. All I can say is the rack mounts are super low! It's fine for now because any taller and I'd have issues getting into my parking garage. Baja Rack was prompt about their replies. Really on point. As well as Joe at chitown 4x4. Awesome vendor on this site.

I'll fab some aluminum spacers to prop it up and be able to bolt the rear mounts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts