Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New FJ owner, and I've perused the thread but haven't found the answer to my question 100%. So I like the idea of a full roof rack with a floor, instead of the factory rack (since the one I bought has nothing). I'm down to the following:

Baja Full Rack with mesh floor
ARB Full Rack
ARB Half-Rack + Light Bar

My questions are:

1. On a single light bar with 4 fogs, how's the road noise?
2. I've read Baja's web page and it reads as everything comes with the rack. On the ARB racks, though, it looks like I need a mount kit and also, does it come with the side fairings or are those separate as well?

I REALLY like the look of the ARB full and half racks, but that's because of the side fairings (really smooths the look out when viewed from the side). But if the mount kit and the side fairing costs get added, the Baja may be a better option. Course, a half-rack in the back with a light bar in the front looks nice as well. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
You have to buy the fit kit with the arb rack. I believe in total it is close to 800 or 850.

You are gonna have more noise with these racks than the factory rack. Lights are going to make the noise slightly louder as they are not aerodynamically shaped at all.

The BajaRack is lighter, costs much less, and is very effective/useful. I loaded tons of crap up there and have walked around on it, even laid down on it. I think the ARB looks better but not enough to justify the higher price.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I have the Bajarack Low Profile full mesh, paid about $750 from trdparts4u
Super easy to install. Next purchase will be the ladder.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Layonnn, does the fit kit include the mounting bracket and the side panels between the roof and rack, or are those separate as well?

Essentially these two racks + fit kits (still don't know if it includes the side metal peices)
ARB ROOF RACK 87 x 44 Cage & fit kit FJ CRUISER ONLY 3800040-3720100
ARB ROOF RACK 87 x 44 MESH Cage & fit kit FJ CRUISER ONLY 3800040M-3720100

Versus these two (regular or low-profile which includes mounting kit)
Baja Rack for FJ Cruiser BR-TYFJ-1
NEW! Bajarack LOW PROFILE RACK for FJ Cruiser BR-TYFJ-LP-HM

Diff of about $150-200?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found my answer, the mount kit IS the side skirt looking thing...sorry for being so dense, I didn't envision the sides being the support for the basket, I figured there were posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts