Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am very interested but am concerned about the amount of Bajaracks I have seen with rust on them and flaking powder coating. Is this something that has been resolved over the years?
We modify our process for better results, the racks are coated with a rust resistant formula before they are powder coated.
All of our products have 2 year warranty in paint.

·
Vendor
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Hello adventures!!!

We are ready to place our group buy orders!

We have reached more than 20 buyers (20% off)

Confirmed orders:
1. Josh Templeton | Fresno, CA | FJ Cruiser Forums
2. Francis G Difulco | River Ridge, LA | FJ Cruiser Forums
3. David Burnett | Ewa Beach, HI | Toyota-4runner.org
4. Ado Gamez | Leander, TX | Toyota-4runner.org
5. Derek Edgar | Burbank, CA | Toyota-4runner.org
6. Gian Calderon | Campbell, CA | Toyota-4runner.org
7. Matthew Murrey | Tucson, AZ | TacomaWorld
8. Blair Mannella | Portland, OR | Toyota-4runner.org
9. Jacob Fletcher | Battle Ground, WA | Toyota-4runner.org
10. Carter Marriott | Pick Up San Diego | FJ Cruiser Forums
11. Tim Waller | Bel Air, MD | FJ Cruiser Forums
12. Matthew Sweeney | San Jose, California | Toyota-4runner.org
13. David Zurn Jr | Marietta, Georgia | TacomaWorld
14. Roque Solo | Dallas, TX | FJ Cruiser Forums
15. Ivan Chin | San Jose, CA | Toyota-4runner.org
16. Eryck Hung Pasadena, CA | Toyota-4runner.org
17. Dennis Ovens | McKinney, TX | FJ Cruiser Forums
18. Martin Cortez | Sioux City, IA | Toyota-4runner.org
19. Eric Vensel | Naples, FL | Toyota-4runner.org
20. Jeremy Bruner | Lagrange, GA | FJ Cruiser Forums
21. Noah Chalker | Frisco, TX | Toyota-4runner.org
22. Daniel Acuna | Altlanta GA | FJ Cruiser Forums
23. Axel Henry | St Paul, MN | Toyota-4runner.org
24. Jeffrey Sanders | Humble TX | FJ Cruiser Forums

Someone from customer service will contact you to request payment information.

***Remember: If you are planning to share shipping cost with other buyer, delivery address must be BUSSINESS ADDRESS***

·
Registered
687 Posts
We modify our process for better results, the racks are coated with a rust resistant formula before they are powder coated.
All of our products have 2 year warranty in paint.
I am very interested but am concerned about the amount of Bajaracks I have seen with rust on them and flaking powder coating. Is this something that has been resolved over the years?
I think this is a very valid question. I've seen many Baja Racks with rust and flaking powder coating myself. In fact, it's been the rust issues why I've gone other directions when considering racks from Baja Racks (my current is an ARB touring rack). So, you say that they are coated with a "rust resistant formula". Is this a recent change? I'd love to get a Baja Rack utility rack but until I know if they won't start rusting in a couple of years, I've been avoiding them.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
I think this is a very valid question. I've seen many Baja Racks with rust and flaking powder coating myself. In fact, it's been the rust issues why I've gone other directions when considering racks from Baja Racks (my current is an ARB touring rack). So, you say that they are coated with a "rust resistant formula". Is this a recent change? I'd love to get a Baja Rack utility rack but until I know if they won't start rusting in a couple of years, I've been avoiding them.
Well mine is from 2010, and it sits outside 24/7 in rainy Washington, and mine has zero rust on it.
Not sure when they did their change to the painting process.

·
Vendor
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
We modify our process for rust resistance and powder coating since February 2016.

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
How much is it with the discounted price? I can drive down to your HQ and pick it up too, if that will save shipping costs unless there are someone else shipping anywhere in the Los Angeles area.

·
Vendor
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
How much is it with the discounted price? I can drive down to your HQ and pick it up too, if that will save shipping costs unless there are someone else shipping anywhere in the Los Angeles area.
Which rack are you interested in?
Yes you can save shipping cost by pick it up in San Diego, so far we don't have any order in LA area.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I'm sorry I missed this. Just got my FJ last week and will buy a standard rack with mesh floor. By chance any do you have one that someone didn't pick up at a group buy discount. (fingers crossed) :smile

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Ping! Same! My third FJ and hopefully second BAJARACK. Any way to still piggyback?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my OEM Basket Rack.... It's installed but I didn't realize it wasn't the full length of the roof.

I guess details are important.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bought my OEM Basket Rack in June 2016 - I use it weekly!

A few weeks ago, I noticed the clamp were rusting...so I removed the rack and the rack is also rusting where the clamps attach. It looks like I need to clean and paint them. I was thinking of sanding away the rust and applying some primer and then some truck bedliner or something similar. Any suggestions?

BTW - there is a 2 yr warranty on the powder coat. Though it was obvious the rust began long before the 2 years, the Baja Rack rep told me I was out of luck even though by the time I thought to ask them - it was about 10 days past the warranty period and they told me to pound sand (they would sell new clamps though). Since I have some work to do on the rack attachment, I chose to fix it myself.

SO, CHECK YOUR RACKS FOR POWDER COAT FAILURE AND NOTIFY THEM BEFORE THE 2 YEARS!!!!!!!

I still love the rack.

Ric

Attachments

21 - 40 of 44 Posts