Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am finally getting to post my BajaRack install. I am happy that I have finally something to contribute to the forum. The instruction were great but I ran into a couple things that might help others out. Sorry I could not figure out how to insert picts into the body of the thread.

Image one is the rack right out of the box

Image two and three, the rack is in three section there are attached by allen head bolts. the fit can be tight but work out if you take your time.

Image four and five, the roof caps removed I found it took a 10mm socket wrench to remove . Sergio at bajaracks said that these can be tough to remove, my can right off. The bolts have a washer attached that has a rubberized washer that covers the threads. Remove these for the Mounting Brackets.

See the post below

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Image six is a better view of the rubber washers removed from there metal washer.

Image seven. Take the rubber washer and fix it into the mounting bracket holes. They are a perfect fit

Image eight, a dab of silicon sealant for the threads

Image nine, all the brackets get mounted, they look a little odd in position. My wife helped me light the rack onto the brackets and the rest is just nuts and bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the final installed picts. All told is took about 2+ hours. I think it looks great and fits really well. overall well designed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks sweet, nice job on the install!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice job! Do you have any larger pics?
I have mine in transit to mount onto my SandStorm as well.
I do have larger picts but every time I tried to insert them into the thread it said they were too big. I tried resizing too.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I do have larger picts but every time I tried to insert them into the thread it said they were too big. I tried resizing too.
You will have much better luck w/ imageshack or photobucket. You can put better pictures on there and there also won't be a imagestamp.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Got your email! Thanks for the hi-res pics! :)
That'll tide me over until tomorrow when the rack arrives.

Guess I'll have to be SS #2 though with a BajaRack!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is there a web site i can see more about this rack? I'd like to know the dimensions in comparisons to the factory rack.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is there a web site i can see more about this rack? I'd like to know the dimensions in comparisons to the factory rack.
check out bajarack.com... they are a sponser so check out the link. Here is the info that was sent out:

Total height of the vehicle with the rack installed is 78.25"
The rack measures 48" wide x 84" long x 6" tall.
Weight Limit, 300 LB due to roof restrictions on vehicle.
Rack weight 80lb
The hardware use to mount the rack to the roof of the vehicle is stainless
steel
Aluminum wind deflector with powder coating and clear finish
Carbon Steel construction, powder coated comes in 3 sections (assembly
required)
Rack floor is compatible with some Thule or Yakima accessories.
Available accessories: Hi-Lift Mount, Tire Mount, Light brackets (set of 4),
KC or PIAA lights, wire harness with waterproof connectors, Shovel and Axe
Mount.
The rack will include a stretch net (available until July 08)

Sean

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks Sean, my FJ looks naked without a roof rack, good to know there is a new option.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts