Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Here is a challenge for Baja. Find some way to use the cavernous space under the back deck, just in front of the rear bumper. I was thinking cribbage, but if you are stuck, so is your gear. Then liquid storage, but how do you access it? Battery trays to free up engine compartment space and balance out weight? May lead to someone creating a dual battery cabling kit.

·
Vendor
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you FJX2000 for your suggestion, how many of you would like this type of setup? We would rather mount the Rotopax on a vertical position on the floor of the rack , I understand that it looks cool on the side but for safety reasons we would do it with the support of the rack floor. A few years back we developed a mount for the Rotopax that mounted flat on the rack but the containers leaked fuel, does anybody know if this has been corrected?

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
Here is a challenge for Baja. Find some way to use the cavernous space under the back deck, just in front of the rear bumper. I was thinking cribbage, but if you are stuck, so is your gear. Then liquid storage, but how do you access it? Battery trays to free up engine compartment space and balance out weight? May lead to someone creating a dual battery cabling kit.
I'm surprised the rear mount winch never took off.

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/30213-rear-winch-arb-rear-bumper.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
How about a retrofit for older flat racks to incorporate the spy light system. Or a buy back program to switch the old rack for a new spylight (plus an upgrade fee). Therefore you can recycle these older racks and sandblast/new powdercoat them. Maybe even sell them again as a recycled/green product

21 - 26 of 26 Posts