1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Vendor
1,481 Posts
**Note, I originally posted this in a different thread, sorry for the confusion**

Hey there! I don't have a formal write up for this yet. I do like having the digital "heads-up display" readily available to keep track of my speed, etc...

The instant mpg display is helpful if you are hypermiling, but in my case it usually shows 3-4mpg :p

There is a cool screen that is geared specifically for monitoring your fuel mileage.

As you can see, it shows the instant mpg as well as average mpg side by side in a bar graph format. Each field you see if customizable to show something different. So if you don't want to see your engine load, you can choosespeed, trip odo, trip timer, rpm, etc...

The Cost Per Trip is kind of depressing when you can see how much it actually cost to drive the FJ around town.

If your FJ doesn't have Bluetooth, the Banks iQ does! You can sync it with your phone actually use it as a hands free device. You can also stream music though it! Along with the music player, there is a movie player, ebook reader and games!

There is a built in GPS as well. In order to get the full effect of the GPS though, you have to purchase a separate SD card for it. However the built in compass will work without that.

It will check and clear OBD II codes as well.

The performance part is a lot of fun. It will show you your 0-60 mph times as well as 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times.

The OS is Windows CE. It comes with an Excel viewer, Word Viewer, powerpoint viewer etc that can be used outside of the vehicle. The unit has it's own battery so you can easily remove it from the FJ and take it with you.

Overall, I'm very happy with the unit. The 5" display is easy to read and at night it switches to a dimmer display that you can color match to your dash.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll check into it for you!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
It would be interesting to see a comparison between the Banks device and a lower cost Android tablet, coupled with the KIWI from PLX Devices, The KIWI is a WiFi or Bluetooth enabled ODB-II scanner (~ $85) + Dash Command Android app (~ $ 50) + a nice little Android tablet (e.g. Samsung Galaxy 7" ... ~$ 200). So for around $335 to $350, one could have an extremely versatile dashboard of engine performance / monitoring capabilities.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Vendor
1,481 Posts
We use it on a daily basis on our FJ and other thank the details we've already provided and our general satisfaction with the product we've not much more to add. We've inquired though and we hope to be able to report back soon. Thanks all.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just discovered this unit (on PureFjCruiser.com) while looking for info about adding that 3-bump navigation console to the dash of my '07. Of the three bumps, I was specifically interested in the inclinometer. Does the Banks IQ have that feature as well? Also curious if anyone has mounted one in the flat 'void' on the dash on the passenger side; like the I-Pad mount I've seen elsewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts